Looking for Volunteer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2007
I am searching for a volunteer within the Sosua-Cabarete area who is interested in doing data entry for a local non-profit/mission that runs bi-weekly medical clinics. This is a work at home job. It involves about an hour and a half, perhaps two hours per week. The person would need their own computer and working knowledge of Excel.

Anyone interested, please PM me. Thank you.

Lindsey

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am searching for a volunteer within the Sosua-Cabarete area who is interested in doing data entry for a local non-profit/mission that runs bi-weekly medical clinics. This is a work at home job. It involves about an hour and a half, perhaps two hours per week. The person would need their own computer and working knowledge of Excel.

Anyone interested, please PM me. Thank you.

Lindsey

I have sent you a PM Lindsey.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
I have sent you a PM Lindsey.

Can I ask why people do that, send a PM and then put it up on the board, 'sent you a PM'. What is the reason for this? If they are online they will see it, if not they won't see anything.
Just pondering, no need to answer me if there isn't one.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Can I ask why people do that, send a PM and then put it up on the board, 'sent you a PM'. What is the reason for this? If they are online they will see it, if not they won't see anything.

In this instance, the simple reason was to publicly acknowledge that interest has been shown in the thread whilst, at the same time, ensuring it is 'bumped' so that others will read the need of this worthwhile subject which has been posted.

Is that a satisfactory explanation for you? No need to answer...

Reactions: AlterEgo
Aug 21, 2007

Well, DRNED, in this case, it is a well-meaning person who offers to give her time to help a cause for the less fortunate.

Apparently, she just wanted to make it known to others that one reader showed interest.

Why do we always need to judge the simple actions and motives of fellow posters? Isn't life more enjoyable if we just read postings without the need to evaluate and judge?

Lindsey

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Why do we always need to judge the simple actions and motives of fellow posters? Isn't life more enjoyable if we just read postings without the need to evaluate and judge?

Lindsey

Oh come on for gods sakes, I asked a question, where is the judgement in that.
Are we to question nothing?
I thought maybe people had different versions going on where a PM only came in as an email or something or other.
Don't get so serious, I was curious, I haven't killed anyone!

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Hmm, interesting,, although you seem unable to. Amusing to say the least!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
In this instance, the simple reason was to publicly acknowledge that interest has been shown in the thread whilst, at the same time, ensuring it is 'bumped' so that others will read the need of this worthwhile subject which has been posted.

Seems eminently reasonable to me. And..........to prove the point, it elicited the post from ybonabeach who would obviously also like to volunteer. What's it they say..... quod erat demonstrandum.

The other reason for asking people publically to look in their PM boxes is, quite simply, some people don't. But I would suggest to the person asking the question that since this thread is about Looking for a Volunteer and not Why People Post Publically That They've Sent A PM, that if they really want responses it might be appropriate to start a new thread? Alternatively of course...............:cheeky:

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007

You could be on the board browsing without logging on, I do that alot. Without logging on, no Private Messages but you see the thread.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
This thread which is seeking 'A volunteer for a worthwhile cause' is totally unrelated to why people post regarding private messages being sent so could we please keep the two subjects separate?
Cheers folks.

Mar 2, 2008
Sorry, Whirlybird. I must have missed your last post. Please just forget what I said.

What you last said has been deleted, so now nobody can see what to forget.

Last edited by a moderator:

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Maybe this thread should be started again and this one closed, I only asked a question which needed one answer, not a judgement of my personal life and emotional state.
I apologize to the OP, this has ruined your thread.

Great idea, thread is closed, those who want to volunteer please do it by sending a pm to Lindsay, the arguing is now over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.