current quote received from GUZMANS attorneys for permanent residency
$900+16% tax= $1044us $$$

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
current quote received from GUZMANS attorneys for permanent residency
$900+16% tax= $1044us $$$

Isn't this a matter between you & your lawyer? I'm uncertain as to why you would post this information on a public forum? Particularly one where that firm operates as the professional expert. Had you wanted to discover what the 'going rate' was, there are many ways of doing this whilst preserving the anonymity of the providers of the quote.

Just thinking what would go through my head if I was your lawyer & saw this :cheeky:, although I'm sure Dr. Guzman's company is much too professional to comment.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Sounds like a good price to me...
I think that depends on whether you can speak Spanish or not Imbert369.

I am a bit out of date on current prices for renewing Residencia (I am due to renew later this year so will soon become up-to-date!!) but I seem to recall one could handle one's own renewal for about 1/3rd of that cost. Time consuming if you don't know your way around SURE, but it can be done.

What Bill does not make clear in his 'Quotation' from the Guzzman firm is if this takes the person application FROM THE BEGINNING PHASE (i.e. from initial TEMPORARY Residencia) through to & issuing of Permanent Residencia after the first year? If that IS the case, then I agree it is an extremely good price!

Maybe BillIdol would be so kind as expand a little for us? (as long as he has the Guzzman company's permission to do so of course!:cheeky:!) ~ Grahame.

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
see below; Lambada, i dont answer to you

Isn't this a matter between you & your lawyer? I'm uncertain as to why you would post this information on a public forum?

i dont care if you're uncertain, your feelings mean little to me. but thanks for sharing!!!

Particularly one where that firm operates as the professional expert. Had you wanted to discover what the 'going rate' was, there are many ways of doing this whilst preserving the anonymity of the providers of the quote.

more rubbish, get off your high horse

Just thinking what would go through my head if I was your lawyer & saw this :cheeky:, although I'm sure Dr. Guzman's company is much too professional to comment.

Reactions: jruane44

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
I think that depends on whether you can speak Spanish or not Imbert369.

I am a bit out of date on current prices for renewing Residencia (I am due to renew later this year so will soon become up-to-date!!) but I seem to recall one could handle one's own renewal for about 1/3rd of that cost. Time consuming if you don't know your way around SURE, but it can be done.

What Bill does not make clear in his 'Quotation' from the Guzzman firm is if this takes the person application FROM THE BEGINNING PHASE (i.e. from initial TEMPORARY Residencia) through to & issuing of Permanent Residencia after the first year? If that IS the case, then I agree it is an extremely good price!

Maybe BillIdol would be so kind as expand a little for us? (as long as he has the Guzzman company's permission to do so of course!:cheeky:!) ~ Grahame.

I am happy to expand upon my post. it's for the permanent only phase.
i dont need permission from anyone to speak my mind or share what information i have received... nor do i make it my practice to ask for same ... just being frank!!

They are an excellent company and i fully recommend them

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I don't see a problem with billyidol putting the price out there. So what if he was trolling for some one to give him a better price. People do that all the time. Mr. Guzman has always been an utmost gentleman in this forum. I couldn't see why he would be ****ed off either. If that is his price ........take it or leave it.

Reactions: mike l

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I don't see a problem with billyidol putting the price out there. So what if he was trolling for some one to give him a better price. People do that all the time. Mr. Guzman has always been an utmost gentleman in this forum. I couldn't see why he would be ****ed off either. If that is his price ........take it or leave it.

I fully agree,

Guzman is the DR1 lawyer of choice and why should the price be different from one person to the next.

I am surprised that a long time poster would suggest differently!

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
I fully agree,

Guzman is the DR1 lawyer of choice and why should the price be different from one person to the next.

!

I think it is a ballpark as my ex got a quote for $1400 for almost the same service. This was the entire process from what I understand (I could be wrong on this but hey, I'll chance it), which may have involved a little more work.
I am not wise to all this, but I know he was recommended by my ex'x business partners for getting things done, hassle free and on the dotted line. The reputation for crisp clean dealings with this company speaks volumes.

I could see if the OP was slandering the company why mentioning names without full facts from both sides would be wrong. In this case, I see nothing wrong. Exactly the same as talking about how much we got our cars from from a dealer IMO.

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Isn't this a matter between you & your lawyer? I'm uncertain as to why you would post this information on a public forum? Particularly one where that firm operates as the professional expert. Had you wanted to discover what the 'going rate' was, there are many ways of doing this whilst preserving the anonymity of the providers of the quote.

Iam sure the firm of Guzman are able to lookafter them self, and why would they not want any one else to know...???

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I don't see a problem with the price being posted in this case, temporary residency is often a standard procedure involving a "fixed" rate. That's not to say it will be the same for all, as the rate can change based on many factors. This is often the reason Guzman Ariza will not post a price and prefers to deal direct with the client, as each persons requirements can be different.

Posters often talk in the background about rates and pricing, who's who etc. Some law firms publish their rates and actively promote themselves for these types of "common" services, Guzman included, so the price is no secret.

I personally think it's an excellent base rate, especially when you take into consideration the quality of the law firm, track record and what other law firms are charging.

Last edited:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
like for all products and services ''for sale''also the rate for the top services of a top law firm are no secrets, specially on a common case like residency.
the quoted rate for the permanent residency process with assistance of a top firm included is a very good rate, you sure can't go wrong on that.
depending at which part of the island a 'new resident' is located and which office associated to the Guzman Lawfirm handles the process/case there the rate can of course vary a bit, and different circumstances for each specific client can vary the rate, too, like some need many needed documents legalized while others provide those from the beginning, some need their legal advisor to speak a specific 'not so common' language while others speak spanish or the very common english etc etc.
to make each's rates public i do not see as a problem.
Mike

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
Whether or not they are true in this instance, please refrain from posting personal details (if known) about other posters - it is for them, not you to determine the timing IF they wish personal details posted.

Please refrain from posting personal criticism of other posters; that is not the purpose of this board nor will it be tolerated.

Finally, whether or not any particular poster responds to any post is their decision, not yours. As long as they are in good standing and post within established board guidelines and established tolerances they alone determine to what they will respond and how.

Gregg
Mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Since the purpose of the OP's post appears to have been to post the rate he did and since he did not ask for specific comment and since this thread has deteriorated past a tolerable level; it is Closed.

Gregg
Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.