education costs - tax rebate deadline

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
for those of you who pay taxes, try to remember to to make your tax reclaim for 2009 educational expenses.

you need to log in to Direccion General de Impuestos Internos (you should have received your log in info for 'oficina virtual') and register the 'ncf' invoices from the school/college/university plus the family person being educated. if you don't have the password call them (the number is on the site - i found they are very helpful).

you have until monday the 15th to do this part.

at the moment the process is quite quick and the invoices are approved as long as they are legitimate.

if your invoices are in dollars, you need to download the exchange rates from banco central for 2009 and use the 'venta' exchange rate for the exact day of the invoice.

once you see the invoices approved you need to check and send your IR18. all from the same page.

you have until the end of the month to do that part.

i have received a 'saldo a favor' of close to rd$50,000, which is nothing to sniff at.

so many people are not doing it, either because they can't be bothered and don't realise how much is involved or they think it is too complicated......but if you have the chance to get something back from the tax man why not do it?

ok...i realise most of you don't pay taxes, but this is for those who do.