Visiting Santiago for 2 weeks, for the first time

lolabee

Feb 12, 2010
Hello! I have been visiting these forums for a couple of days, My father has been to DR many times and recently became very ill, one of his requests is to go to DR again, My younger brother and I will be accompanying him this time, I am a 26 year old female, he is 25. My father usually stays in the Hotel 'Dorado" that from my understanding is a hooker hotel.

With that said, I have been looking for other hotels. I have considered Los Jardines and Hotel Colonial.. My options are limited to due funds, my questions are the following.

Is there any other hotels anyone recommends within that price range, and if so.. Are they safe, clean etc?

And would I be better off trying to rent an apartment for those 2 weeks? If so, does anyone know anyone that I can contact to find out more information?

Any comments would be appreciated Thanks and godbless

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are good with either the Colonial or the Jardin. The Jardin is in a nicer area with more places to eat nearby.
The Colonial is in the center of town and a bit seedier.

Apartments for 2 weeks are not very easy to come by...

HB

gonzo two

Banned
Jan 13, 2010
I think that you must be mistaken. From what I have read there are no hookers in Santiago are your sure that it is that sort of hotel

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Lolabee: If you need any assistance, just use the PM function of this site, and I'll see what I can do.
A lot will depend on what you three will want to do.

HB

lolabee

Feb 12, 2010
:paranoid:been staying at the colonial, good service, super friendly staff and a great price.. the area at first was a little intimidating but now its like whatever, im not scared of crap lol..

thanks for your advice ;)