Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Puerto Plata Plants having Problems again generating Power

Just checking to see if there are problems with the generators in the area.
    Power has been very bad this week.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. It's been on TV, radio, newspapers, the cause for the huelgas etc etc. In fact it's really hard to hermetically seal oneself off from the information.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Sosua has been up and down all year long.

When I am without electricity I just go to Rocky's and connect with the real world!

Emerging markets are supposed to show growth and not ring up debt with foreign oil nations without supplying a really good corned beef sandwich on rye!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Here on the East it's been the worst 10 days in the last 10 months, electricity-wise.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Are power generators being paid?

We've had a few outages here in Jarabacoa, rare events.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Edenorte's responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Are power generators being paid?

We've had a few outages here in Jarabacoa, rare events.
    That is rare in Jarabacoa. We have a small house in a bario in Jarabacoa where my mother in law lives. All of the houses had meters put in and everyone pays for power now with almost no power outages. I suspect it has to do with payment to the generators.

Where we live on the north coast we are unfortunately on a class C circuit where I think about 30% of the customers pay for power. Over the past 2 years we went from having power 70% of the time to having power 50% of the time. Inverter batteries won't last for more than a year the way I have to charge and discharge them.

It is maddening to be about 200 yards from a 24/7 power line and have Edenorte refuse to hook us up. They say it is because we have unreliable underground wiring that we need to be replaced. Our development was abandoned by Juan Perdomo and his associates and there is not and never will be an association here. Attempting to form an association has been tried and failed, it is like herding cats.

I do believe Edenorte is lying to me about the wiring not being their responsibility. It is my understanding that Edenorte owns all of the wiring, poles,transformers and meters once they have been installed and they provide power. I own only the wires from my meter back into my property. Is that not correct?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Puerto Plata is not bad power related.

Just pay the bill on time

The neighborhoods where most people not pay is normal that they receive less electricity..

T.E.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I always pay the bill on time - that is not the problem..

Point is T.E. is that our development where everyone pays or we are cut off within two weeks by Edenorte happens to be on the same circuit with hundreds of Dominicans in barrios where many steal power. The Dominicans continue to steal power without anyone coming after them. If I tried to do that we would be in serious trouble.

We are trying to change the circuit to which we are connected to one that is very close to us where almost everyone pays and Edenorte refused to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Exterminator View Post
    Puerto Plata is not bad power related.

Just pay the bill on time

The neighborhoods where most people not pay is normal that they receive less electricity..

T.E.

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    That is rare in Jarabacoa. We have a small house in a bario in Jarabacoa where my mother in law lives. All of the houses had meters put in and everyone pays for power now with almost no power outages. I suspect it has to do with payment to the generators.

Where we live on the north coast we are unfortunately on a class C circuit where I think about 30% of the customers pay for power. Over the past 2 years we went from having power 70% of the time to having power 50% of the time. Inverter batteries won't last for more than a year the way I have to charge and discharge them.

It is maddening to be about 200 yards from a 24/7 power line and have Edenorte refuse to hook us up. They say it is because we have unreliable underground wiring that we need to be replaced. Our development was abandoned by Juan Perdomo and his associates and there is not and never will be an association here. Attempting to form an association has been tried and failed, it is like herding cats.

I do believe Edenorte is lying to me about the wiring not being their responsibility. It is my understanding that Edenorte owns all of the wiring, poles,transformers and meters once they have been installed and they provide power. I own only the wires from my meter back into my property. Is that not correct?
    i used to have a similar problem which was fixed by having my own transformer put inside my garden, and paying for concrete posts and 7000 volt cable to come from main supply to my house. It works perfectly 24/7 - unless the whole area is off -but was not without problems. You can read the full story here
    http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/552...e-country.html

It does meander off topic occasionally - that is putting it mildly lol - but it may give you some ideas!!

matilda

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The generator in POP was offline due to non payment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast