I need pictures of the cliffs at Cabrera, anyone?

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
If you have any pictures of the cliffs I would be very much appreciative, thanks.

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
19-copy1.jpg

cabrera.jpg

Cabrera_Cliffs.JPG

These the right ones? google is your amigo!;)

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
No, there are much higher cliffs rising from a beach, I have googled and can't find any, the ones I am talking about are about 2-300' high.

Thanks anyway.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I think he means on the south side of the North Coast road.

There are some really interesting formations. Looks like the coast just dropped leaving the cliffs behind. Or the cliffs rose. And seeing all the coralstone, must have been seabed at some time.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think he means on the south side of the North Coast road.

There are some really interesting formations. Looks like the coast just dropped leaving the cliffs behind. Or the cliffs rose. And seeing all the coralstone, must have been seabed at some time.

Where are they? If I traveled by guagua or publico from Sosua, where would I get off?

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Where are they? If I traveled by guagua or publico from Sosua, where would I get off?
All along the road from before Rio San Juan past Cabrera. They are hard to miss...you don't have to get off anywhere...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
whats the name of the town where there is the picture of the virgin mary painted on the mountainside - its somewhere near cabrera I think

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
whats the name of the town where there is the picture of the virgin mary painted on the mountainside - its somewhere near cabrera I think
It's before Rio San Juan as you drive east, right at 1.5 miles east of Bahia Principe Rio San Juan.

dougiej

Jan 29, 2007
Our lady of guadalupe, Gift from Mexico from what i understand. Little cave underneath it with holy water that you can bless urself with. Just ask the kids that hang out there to show u/ Bring gifts for the kids. Have tons of pics, just don't know how to post them.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I would really appreciate it if you could help me out here.
Thankyou!!!

Hmmmm,
You didn't SAY that there was an urgency about this request so I suppose those who have been away for the weekend might not have rushed to respond! Maybe you will get some responses again tomorrow - eh?? :ermm:

If you can wait until Wednesday or Thursday, I am going down to Playa Grande (weather permitting) & can take some photos as we go past. Which side of the road do you want or are you JUST talking seaside cliffs? If I get something about 219 feet high will this suffice or MUST they be over 250 feet? Can the cliffs have vegetation on them or do you want to study the rock formation SIN vegetation? :glasses:

Let me have your EXACT specifications/needs/requirements/demands so that I don't get a "Thanks but that was not really what I wanted" message once I post them! If you want them sending via e-mail, you had better PM me with your e-mail address! ~ Grahame.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
That would be wonderful if you could do that for me. The girls are coming over for a holiday so I am trying to put together some good climbing venues for us to spend a day or 5.
Ideally we want vertical big walls, with a variation of possibilities for ascent, vertical, overhanging, technical lines are generally what we go at. If this helps you understand what we want then have a look

YouTube - Trailer Verdon "Ultime D?mence"

This is where we usually spend our vacations together. I don't expect to beable to compete with Verdon Gorge, but DR is a big country to recci myself.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
good lord. that video makes me realize how safe driving cross country in DR is! enjoy your vacation :classic:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I used to climb back in the day.
I looked at these walls in question and wondered about the vegetation and all the creepy crawlies. A decent machete would be part of your kit.
If you climb it first then you get to name it!!

Good luck!

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
If you climb it first then you get to name it!!

Yes I don't think I have much competition for first ascents here, have you even heard of a climbing scene here? It isn't easy tracking down good crags, as you say, so much gardening to be done and from what I am gathering, not alot of vertical faces?

please prove me wrong:rambo:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
They do rock climbing through Rancho Baiguate in Jarbabacoa...