Sun Catcher Solar Energy

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Excellent. Thanks. That 25kw system is US$500,000 as I read it. A smaller one-home unit for 1/20 the price would certainly get my attention.

Mar 2, 2008
I agree. Very interesting information. However, $500,000 US is a little rich for my blood. I would very much like to look into smaller more affordable units that might be available here in the DR.

Our condo association has been looking for something for single units or something slightly larger for multiple units (between 3 and 6, to be managed independently).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't think that solar energy tends to work well for home use with the exception of Solar Hot water heaters. Everyone I know that has one really likes theirs.

Solar panel electrical systems work best in places when there is no other alternative available. Payback is just too long term for the price in most cases.

The Sun Catcher is the kind of thing that works well for utilities where they can install an array of them and add it to the grid when there is sufficient sunlight. That would work well here in the correct location.