me gustas tu or tu me caes bien

Status
Not open for further replies.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
I was told by a Dominican that if I want to say" I like you" I should not say " tu me gustas" but instead say "tu me caes bien" - but I just saw a ong title by Grupo Maravila called " Me gustas tu" so I guess the phrase is correct? So If I want to say to aperson, platonically, "I like you'( as a friend), which do I use, and is the use of gustar wrong?thanks

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Tu me gustas is used when you like someone (and not in a friendly manner). Like saying I dig you ! tu me caes bien means I find you agreeable/likeable in a friendly manner.

So you could say me caes bien or tu eres vacana. I've even used tu eres chevere (which also means vacana) and people understand that.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
I think I have it now. thanks - so if I were feelign a little warm and fuzzy about someone , I would not be crude using" tu me gustas"?

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
I think I have it now. thanks - so if I were feelign a little warm and fuzzy about someone , I would not be crude using" tu me gustas"?

If you have more developed feelings for that someone, it would be te quiero. And if it were more serious, te amo would be used. But if the relationship is in the beginning stages and you like her, tu me gustas is more proper. If the relationship is about mutual satisfaction without feelings, then "ay, tu me encantas" would be used. :D

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
and how would you ask someone ( in a warm and fuzzy way) do you like me?

IMO it's better if someone expressed how they feel for you, without the need to ask them to express it.. But here it goes..

Te gusto or agrado ? Do you like me ?
Me amas ? Do you love me ?
Me quieres ? Do you like me (in between love and liking, i guess the warm and fuzzy feeling would be this

Reactions: AnnaC
Status
Not open for further replies.