Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Just heard the road heading west out of POP is flooded in the vicinity of the Javilla bust station and cars cant pass. Havent heard any other specifics.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
water receeds fast. our garden was all flooded at nigh and no sign of it now. hopefully it is the same all over POP...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i spoke to miesposo just now and he says city center is filled with mud and it is really bad :(

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
It rained very hard from 6pm to midnight. My maid woke up at 11pm because her Chihuahuas were crying while swimming next to her bed, the water was already knee deep. A friend of mine's Suzuki Jeep was chest high in water, but the water did not penetrate the car (are they water tight?).

TheHun

May 4, 2008
It rained very hard from 6pm to midnight. My maid woke up at 11pm because her Chihuahuas were crying while swimming next to her bed, the water was already knee deep. A friend of mine's Suzuki Jeep was chest high in water, but the water did not penetrate the car (are they water tight?).

It could be sealed good, however do not attempt to crank a car that was flooded. Even if water did not filled up some of the cylinders through the open valves, there could be water in the air intake - which can hydro-lock the engine.
Make sure everything is dry, disconnect connectors and dry out all of them, use compressed air if possible.
Remove all spark plugs, check all cylinders and remove water if there is any, crank the car with the plugs still out, than reassemble.
That's about it...

The Hun

May 29, 2006
Before you remove any spark plug wires, be sure to mark them so they don't get mixed up. The other option is to remove them one at a time.

Hoffi

Jan 31, 2010
Only PoP?

Was only Pop hit or was it the entire North Coast?

What about route 5 from Santiago to PoP - is it accessible?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
according to intellicast we are to have at least 10 more days of rains :ermm:

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
It could be sealed good, however do not attempt to crank a car that was flooded. Even if water did not filled up some of the cylinders through the open valves, there could be water in the air intake - which can hydro-lock the engine.
Make sure everything is dry, disconnect connectors and dry out all of them, use compressed air if possible.
Remove all spark plugs, check all cylinders and remove water if there is any, crank the car with the plugs still out, than reassemble.
That's about it...

The Hun

What about the transmition?? it is expencive too.

JJ

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Thanks for the well-captured photos Lambada. The devastation far exceeded what I was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.