This could go in several forums: Refinery stock

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Industrial Association of Haina and the Dominican Industrial Association are talking about putting that 49% of the shares on the open market through the Santo Domingo Stock Exchange. They voice some good arguments (logical to me anyway: Piden vender en Bolsa acciones de Refiner?a

However, I think I doubt that the nation's truly wealthy will let this plum get into the hands of small investors... I have has the feeling ever since Pepin Corripio hinted at local capital taking it on that there are some large predator birds just waiting for the time to pounce (or they might have pounced already and we just don't know it).

A real stock exchange would be something to be proud of, and it would profide jobs, incentives and transparency if done right.

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A REAL stock exchange, i.e. public companies offering equity as the London Exchange or various levels of SEC registration, would require a HUGE legal and legit audit investment by everyone involved. Those who have never been involved in IPO's or registration of additional shares have no concept how intricate the details and audit trails are.

It would also require strict uncorrupted oversight. Neither are hallmarks of the Dominican gubmintal system.

But I agree, HB. You want to see industry here take off? Have a viable way to legitimately raise capital in a public offering.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Nice! With Corruption Inc. controlling 51% of "your" investment... and being the same "group" which will legislate the oversight over the business. Good luck!
I can't wait to read the reports from the yearly shareholder's meetings. :cheeky:

If any of these would be "small" investors think they ever will see a profit or even just capital security from a partnership with the biggies of this country... well, they ought to learn to spell the word W R O N G for-and-backwards. The funds raised from the sale of the these "shares" will shortly only notably augment the local population of brand spanking new Toyota Landcruisers and their Lexus analogue.

... J-D.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
I think it would only be a big-boyz game and that leaves me out, way out, in oil futures or such. Public offerings are like throwing chickens out of helicopters at election time, whether in this country or others. Like Yogi said, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too popular".