Finding a place in the mountains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
I want to find a place inland, preferably into a mountain village/town environment. This place would act as a sort of second home I would rent at the local Dominican prices of I guess very cheap.
I have no contacts inland at all, nor do I see any listings anywhere for mountain village/town homes.

Does anyone have an idea of where to start looking for such a thing.:confused:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I don't know if there are any DR1 posters living in Constanza, for example. If there are, they might be able to help you. There are certainly posters living in Jarabacoa. That's if you meant that particular mountain range. There are others further south.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
I'll consider anything. I am a little frustrated with living on the coast and yet so far away from anywhere nice to relax, and in all honesty I much prefer the mountains. Santo Domingo holds very little in the way of natural beauty.

Mar 2, 2008
But you spoke so highly of that location just days ago.

In any event, there are some fabulous views close to Sosua. Would you consider living close to Sodom and Gomorrah?

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Oh how disappointing. It's always nice to meet a new expat with spirit :) .

Just my personal preference, I don't like the North so why would I move there?:cross-eye

<Please lets keep it on track and not redirect into a regional debate, this isn't my request>

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There are mountain Cabanas all over Jarabacoa. I posted elsewhere the phone number of Marisol Genao, a realtor in the area with great knowledge.

RUBIO4U

Apr 1, 2008
I understand you desire to live in a mountain town which would mean that you do not exactly want to live in the "campo"? You opine that you "will" pay Dominican prices? Are you Dominican? If not, I really do not see how you will be successful in paying Dominican prices, especially since in your words, you have no connections. As people have posted, Jarabacoa and Constanza are a few of the wonderful places which would suit your desire. Bonao is not a small town at the base of the mountains so this might not suit you. Again, there is a lot of members on here that could help you. Good luck and be well!

flo

Apr 11, 2006
checkout rdbienes.com they seem to offer a lot of properties around the jarabacoa la vega area.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I want to find a place inland, preferably into a mountain village/town environment. This place would act as a sort of second home I would rent at the local Dominican prices of I guess very cheap.
I have no contacts inland at all, nor do I see any listings anywhere for mountain village/town homes.

Does anyone have an idea of where to start looking for such a thing.:confused:

No Mountains, but lots of hillls, dominican prices, kind of cheap. Hato Mayor area might be what your looking for.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Looks like you won't need to answer that Acira since 'Ms. Popularity Plus' appears to have been banned.

Good call that, whoever made it. The belligerence unmitigated by charm or wit was beginning to ooze into every thread on which she posted.

Reactions: AlterEgo
Status
Not open for further replies.