Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominican Salon in Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Dominican Salon in Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton?

Hi All,

I'm feeling like a fish out of water back here in Canada...I'm helplessly hooked on the Dominican salons I left back there in the DR...Does anyone know of a Dominican ladies salon in Mississauga or Brampton? Or maybe a salon that has someone who knows how to do hair Dominican-style?

I see the posts for Martha's in Toronto, but that's far for me without a vehicle...

Any info would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, have you had any luck finding a salon? I just moved to Toronto a few months ago and I am in the same situation. Please let me know if you have contacts for anyone beside Martha.....thank you so much!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Huh ? Mississauga and Oakville too far from Toronto ??? wtf... lol ever hear of the subway ? bus ?

4. Likes pollogringo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is over two years old, the op may have gone bald by now!

6. Likes pollogringo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Tamborista, I went to Martha and had to wait almost 3 hours for her to start me....that was a great inconvenience for me that day....do you know of anyone else?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to Astor Place, never a wait, just tell them Tambo' sent you and have them use a number three if you don't want it too short.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tamborista View Post
    This thread is over two years old, the op may have gone bald by now!

Hahaha you are almost right Tamborista...

About 2 years ago I chopped off all of my hair and I have been wearing an afro since then - no more straight styles.

The challenge in Toronto is that there are not enough salons with the talent to work on curly hair types. Living in the DR you can walk into a salon without an appointment and get in and out quickly, or if they are too busy you can easily walk to another one and more or less get the same service for next to nothing...This is just not the case. We were spoiled there.

To go to Martha's you have to have time and an appointment never mind the travel time from Mississauga or Oakville and wait a long time for your turn. I called a couple of times and I wasn't able to get in and then I ended up cutting off my hair so maybe another time.

That said, I have found these options:

Dania Latina Salon
    Unit 9 - 100 Bronte Rd.
    Oakville
    905-465-0007

Also there is Enrique - a Dominican stylist at Salon Donato. He splits his time between the Donato Academy in Etobicoke and the salon and spa at Square One in Mississauga. Note: that if you make an appointment at the academy the prices are highly discounted, i.e. $16 for a blowdry and style etc.. Call and ask for an appointment with Enrique. He is EXCELLENT.

Donato Academy
    416-252-8999
    [email protected]
    3253 Lake Shore Blvd West,
    Toronto, Ontario M8V 1M2

Donato Salon and Spa
    100 City Centre Drive Mississauga, ON L5B 2C9
    (905) 566-5900

10. Likes Matilda, AlterEgo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AWWWEEESOME!!! Thank you so much! I've made my appointment at Dania already because I spend so much time in Oakville!! I hope it goes well! I'm so excited!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Living in the DR you can walk into a salon without an appointment and get in and out quickly
    This is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard about a Dominican salon de belleza.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by la_barbie View Post
    Huh ? Mississauga and Oakville too far from Toronto ??? wtf... lol ever hear of the subway ? bus ?
    or Go Train?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast