Dominican Salon in Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton?

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Hi All,

I'm feeling like a fish out of water back here in Canada...I'm helplessly hooked on the Dominican salons I left back there in the DR...Does anyone know of a Dominican ladies salon in Mississauga or Brampton? Or maybe a salon that has someone who knows how to do hair Dominican-style?

I see the posts for Martha's in Toronto, but that's far for me without a vehicle...

Any info would be appreciated

jmoxey

May 27, 2012
Hi, have you had any luck finding a salon? I just moved to Toronto a few months ago and I am in the same situation. Please let me know if you have contacts for anyone beside Martha.....thank you so much!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Huh ? Mississauga and Oakville too far from Toronto ??? wtf... lol ever hear of the subway ? bus ?

jmoxey

May 27, 2012
Well Tamborista, I went to Martha and had to wait almost 3 hours for her to start me....that was a great inconvenience for me that day....do you know of anyone else?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Go to Astor Place, never a wait, just tell them Tambo' sent you and have them use a number three if you don't want it too short.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
This thread is over two years old, the op may have gone bald by now!

Hahaha you are almost right Tamborista...

About 2 years ago I chopped off all of my hair and I have been wearing an afro since then - no more straight styles.

The challenge in Toronto is that there are not enough salons with the talent to work on curly hair types. Living in the DR you can walk into a salon without an appointment and get in and out quickly, or if they are too busy you can easily walk to another one and more or less get the same service for next to nothing...This is just not the case. We were spoiled there.

To go to Martha's you have to have time and an appointment never mind the travel time from Mississauga or Oakville and wait a long time for your turn. I called a couple of times and I wasn't able to get in and then I ended up cutting off my hair so maybe another time.

That said, I have found these options:

Dania Latina Salon
Unit 9 - 100 Bronte Rd.
Oakville
905-465-0007

Also there is Enrique - a Dominican stylist at Salon Donato. He splits his time between the Donato Academy in Etobicoke and the salon and spa at Square One in Mississauga. Note: that if you make an appointment at the academy the prices are highly discounted, i.e. $16 for a blowdry and style etc.. Call and ask for an appointment with Enrique. He is EXCELLENT.

Donato Academy
416-252-8999
info@donatoacademy.com
3253 Lake Shore Blvd West,
Toronto, Ontario M8V 1M2

Donato Salon and Spa
100 City Centre Drive Mississauga, ON L5B 2C9
(905) 566-5900

jmoxey

May 27, 2012
AWWWEEESOME!!! Thank you so much! I've made my appointment at Dania already because I spend so much time in Oakville!! I hope it goes well! I'm so excited!

Dec 26, 2011
Living in the DR you can walk into a salon without an appointment and get in and out quickly

This is the most bizarre thing I've ever heard about a Dominican salon de belleza.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Isabella Hairstyling
1547 Jane St, North York, ON M9N 2R3, Canada
+1 416-247-7353 ‎
Phone and see if they are Dominican, or settle for Jamaican.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
It's on Jane... you're more likely to get Jamacian... and a prostitute... or shot... or a combo of all 3

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
A.ctually, there is a contingency of Dominicans, although I believe there are more Jamaicans that live at Jane Finch areas

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I am thinking in importing Dominican hair products to sell in the southerns states of the US as I see AA are going crazy with the Dominican hair relaxers and other conditioners... In my next trip to DR I'll make some contacts and research about license requirements to export in mayor scale..

Dominican Salon are growing in number in the Raleigh/Durham area of NC

I'm doing good working for the government here NC but my focus is to be self employed in 2013.

JJ

rosama719

Aug 11, 2010
i go to Fany, she is in the West end of Toronto. You can take the Zum 501 A Zum into York and then tany Bus going to Downsview station, get off at Keele/Finch and take the Keele bus. She lives in the Keele and Wilson area. She is very reasonable, professional, fully licensed and does it all. You can reach her at 416-580-7956.