Terra Linda Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayman

Jan 23, 2010
Any reports on the place? Steak and Sirloin restuarant which is located in same premises had mixed reviews, what about the hotel, which is said to be recently reburbished

Mar 2, 2008
I haven't stayed there, but the rooms look really nice and I hear that they are doing very well with the bookings.

I guess all in all, the hotel had a much more positive opening than did the restaurant, although I also hear that the restaurant has instituted some changes that might result in improved service.

Time will tell, and the new owners certainly spared no expense in refurbishing the place.

el tibby

Aug 21, 2006
hold ur horses...

Time will tell, and the new owners certainly spared no expense in refurbishing the place.[/QUOTE]

it sure looks like that on the outside... rooms look great..pool is huge...BUT! ive heard nothing but bad reviews.. complaints about no hot water, when it rains the rooms on the third floor leak, service is terrible in the resturant, food is ok at best... yes its new... give the owner a chance but as of now im sticken with my place...

Mar 2, 2008
Okay. But let's compare and constrast. What is "your place" and what makes it it better?

By the way, I have heard no complaints about leaking roofs or that there is no hot water at Terra Linda. Please be specific, otherwise what you are saying would appear to be nothing more than just another sock puppet review for the competition.

I have no stake in this one way or the other. I just want there to a level playing field.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
I can't say anything about the hotel, other than the grounds were beautiful and the rates that were quoted to me were reasonable at $65 per night. However, I did eat at the restaurant. The food was good, and the service we had was good as well with the exception of one thing. The busboy/assistant waiter was annoying. He kept coming over while we were eating with bad jokes and at one point was playing around like he was taking away our plates in middle of the meal. I was turned off by that as I found it rude to constantly bother someone while they are eating. Other than that fool, everything else was good there. The food was well presented and was pretty good. I ordered the 1/2 roast chicken.

Reactions: mike l

bayman

Jan 23, 2010
So I will stay away from 3rd floor rooms, enjoy the grounds, not encourage comedy from the waiters and eat roast chicken.
Anything else?

el tibby

Aug 21, 2006
Okay. But let's compare and constrast. What is "your place" and what makes it it better?

By the way, I have heard no complaints about leaking roofs or that there is no hot water at Terra Linda. Please be specific, otherwise what you are saying would appear to be nothing more than just another sock puppet review for the competition.

I have no stake in this one way or the other. I just want there to a level playing field.

this is why i dont post on this site.... if you take time out of your day n post a trip report you get attacked... did you stay there???? yes i did...my room leaked... and it was one week before i had hot water!! the managers name is willie... he will confirm my story...now back to your sock drawer, puppet!!!

Mar 2, 2008
LOL

You're funny tibby. And so where is 'your' place, you know, the one with no leaking roof, plenty of hot water, and un-funny help? I could use another laugh to brighten my day.

By the way, what did you do for that week without hot water? I hope that detail didn't detract from your bathing routine.

el tibby

Aug 21, 2006
LOL

You're funny tibby. And so where is 'your' place, you know, the one with no leaking roof, plenty of hot water, and un-funny help? I could use another laugh to brighten my day.

By the way, what did you do for that week without hot water? I hope that detail didn't detract from your bathing routine.

your sarcasim just shows iggnorance.... sure seems like you got an investment in this place... which is ok. but if your goin to be in that biz you need to take crit... the place has some holes that need to b fixed.. im not tellin you not to stay there.. go ahead.. but dont call me a liar....

as far as the water, i take cold showers as well... which is what i suggest you do to wash that crust out of your eyes....inspector..!

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
I am not impressed

I just tried to make a reservation for this hotel based upon reading this thread and the Manager Willie is trying to overcharge me. On their website it says for a King bed room that it is $65 a night and that for 2 queens it is $80 In addition it was quoted on this thread that it was $65. I tried to make the reservation and he wanted to charge me $80 when I questioned it and pointed out what it says on their own site he tried to say oh that was a mistake but I will let it go at $70. I told him he can keep his reservation. I mean if they are already trying to cheat me what am I in store for later. It is a shame because the pictures are really pretty.

el tibby

Aug 21, 2006
I just tried to make a reservation for this hotel based upon reading this thread and the Manager Willie is trying to overcharge me. On their website it says for a King bed room that it is $65 a night and that for 2 queens it is $80 In addition it was quoted on this thread that it was $65. I tried to make the reservation and he wanted to charge me $80 when I questioned it and pointed out what it says on their own site he tried to say oh that was a mistake but I will let it go at $70. I told him he can keep his reservation. I mean if they are already trying to cheat me what am I in store for later. It is a shame because the pictures are really pretty.

willie is a very nice guy... im not sure how long you want to stay but ive been quoted... if i stay for 4 days or more i could get the room for 60 bucks!! including breakfast!! i would call back and ask for willie, tell him you got his name from a friend of his from when he worked at casa cayena... tell him you want to stay w breakfast and if ur over the 4 days i would ask if i could get it for 60 bucks???

Last edited:

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
willie is a very nice guy... im not sure how long you want to stay but ive been quoted... if i stay for 4 days or more i could get the room for 60 bucks!! including breakfast!! i would call back and ask for willie, tell him you got his name from a friend of his from when he worked at casa cayena... tell him you want to stay w breakfast and if ur over the 4 days i would ask if i could get it for 60 bucks???

I know Willy from when he worked at Avis right before this place which is why I am so disappointed that he tried to over charge me. Thanks but no thanks!

buggabagang

Jan 5, 2010
I know Willy from when he worked at Avis.
Nice Guy - I think he will work with you on best price.
Call ahead and let him know you have other options...I always got my best price with Avis on-line and not from him at the counter. He will try to make a bit more margin dollars when you are in front of him.
I have not stayed here or eaten here but the place cleans up the area and looks nice...I hope they do well.

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
That's just it.

I know Willy from when he worked at Avis.
Nice Guy - I think he will work with you on best price.
Call ahead and let him know you have other options...I always got my best price with Avis on-line and not from him at the counter. He will try to make a bit more margin dollars when you are in front of him.
I have not stayed here or eaten here but the place cleans up the area and looks nice...I hope they do well.

This is why I am posting because I have already tried to work with Willy and I thought because I had rented with him so many times at Avis, which he was the one to recognize my name first, that I would not be overcharged. He keeps telling me that he is sorry that there is a misunderstanding on their website. I read a King is $65 and 2 queens are $80. Why that would require me to be charged $80 for a King room I don't know.

bayman

Jan 23, 2010
Interesting info on the rates. A friend of mine stayed there and paid $55 cash for a room, no breakfast. I inquired for this rate and was told is it was 'no longer available'
I then inquired about the 'stay six nights, get seventh night for free' deal on the web site, and was told that this is also not available, and that the web site needs changed.
A case of false advertisiing, and inconsistent room rates is not a good way to encourage customer business.

BahiaDreamer

Dec 27, 2009
interesting

I spent 11 nights at the Terra Linda Resort and was pleased with the service and accommodations. My room was nice, clean and had none of the problems mentioned in earlier posts. The room was just $55/night, which included breakfast; it was not the "stay 6 nights, get the 7th night free" package. I've also recommended to a friend whose experience (and nightly rate) was identical to my own. I was shown different rooms and had my choice ... perhaps the key is to select your own room ...

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I spent 11 nights at the Terra Linda Resort and was pleased with the service and accommodations. My room was nice, clean and had none of the problems mentioned in earlier posts. The room was just $55/night, which included breakfast; it was not the "stay 6 nights, get the 7th night free" package. I've also recommended to a friend whose experience (and nightly rate) was identical to my own. I was shown different rooms and had my choice ... perhaps the key is to select your own room ...

Good to hear!

As with all new businesses you need to make adjustments as you move forward and I am seeing this on a daily basis.

bayman

Jan 23, 2010
Bahiadreamer, when did you stay there at $55 per night?
I am intending staying seven nights, and they are quoting me $65

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I am shocked. This thread is on the 2nd page and NOBODY has asked if Terra Linda is guest friendly. So let me ask. How guest friendly is this place???????

Noticed the website quotes rooms for single occupancy. I believe the old manager is from the Water Front. Is Bob W. running the show at Terra Linda?

If so, Bob, if you are reading this 3 hotels within a chip shot away offer the same accomidations with breakfast for $50-$55 a night with a 7 night or longer stay. Also the website says the beach is 100 yards away and i know for a fact that i would need a Big Bertha and a 6 iron to get to the parking lot which does not offer beach access. Is there a deal with the Water Front to offer beach access for your patrons?

This place looks great but seems they are trolling for newbies coming to Sosua when my experience says cateering to repeat customers makes or breaks. If i have never been to Sosua and i got roped into paying 80 bucks a night with the expectation of Playa Sosua being 100 yards away i would be pi$$ed. That area is saturated with hotel rooms so i hope TL can adapt.

El Tibby, shoot me a PM with the low down on TL and if SeaBreezes still has good deal for over a 7 day stay, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.