Are there restaurants on the river in Jarabacoa?

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
We had lunch at a hotel on the river there about 5 years ago but I don't recall the name of it, they had a hellicopter there!

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Jarabacoa River Club

The Jarabacoa River Club is right on the river and is a beautiful spot. ::: Jarabacoa River Club & Resort ::: I have not been there in a while but when I was there the restaurant was open to the public. They also said they would be renting rooms soon but that never happened. I would rent one if they were available. Maybe someone who lives up that way could give us an update.

Reactions: mike l

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Hotel Gran Jimenoa...stayed there a couple years ago, restaurant is right on the river....food was good and portions were large, careful what you order or you'll be taking home left overs. Enjoy!

Reactions: mike l

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Not a Large AI

The Jarabacoa River Club is not your typical resort. They don't rent rooms at all (yet). I believe it is being run as a private club with private ownership of the condos and/or villas that are there. They also rent out the facilities for events and special occasions. The restaurant was open to the public and possibly the bar at night. I toured it when they were first opening. The location is first class with views of the river and the mountains. There were mostly wealthy Dominicans there when I visited. Maybe someone with some recent experience there could add some details.

May 12, 2005
The restaurant, pool and river are open to the public. It has replaced a trip to the beach when looking to get out of Santiago for the day.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Exactly, my next trip will be to Santiago and I have been to Puerto Plata already. Obviously i like the beach but I love being in the mountains.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The Jarabacoa River Club is not your typical resort. They don't rent rooms at all (yet). I believe it is being run as a private club with private ownership of the condos and/or villas that are there. They also rent out the facilities for events and special occasions. The restaurant was open to the public and possibly the bar at night. I toured it when they were first opening. The location is first class with views of the river and the mountains. There were mostly wealthy Dominicans there when I visited. Maybe someone with some recent experience there could add some details.
Correct.

JRC and Gran Jimenoa are the only two restaurants on the rivers in Jarabacoa.

Both have their own positives, I do think JRC is much pricier. Gram Jimeonoa is not that expensive. We eat there all the time.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
People dinged the hotel restauraunt for high prices in reviews.
Price is relative...coming from the U.S. a $100USD for dinner w/ a view and the sound of the rushing river is worth it....especially when the food is good.

I'm not saying dinner at the GJ is $100USD...I'm just sayin...

I have not eaten there in a while, but when I stayed there, there were a couple of meals on the menu large enough to share...