What or whom was I watching?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
The night before last, early hours of the morning, I happened upon the tail end of a concert on TV (channel 113 on my TV). Promotional for Barrio Seguro programme with Franklin Almeida, Minister of the Interior & Police, highly visible in the audience, I think it was called Sinfonia por mi barrio. It had part of a Symphony Orchestra, certainly all the string section, piano etc but no brass that I observed. They were playing Por Amor and singing was a soprano, operatic style. Very nice. Then 5 guys, caps on backwards, shades, fingers jabbing into the air, etc joined in with a rap version. Forgive me, these guys are probably legends but since it isn't music I grew up with, I have no idea who they are.

The looks on the audience faces were a picture. Incredulity turning to beaming smiles. Imagine symphony orchestra, operatic soprano and...................5 rap artistes. But it actually worked! It all blended in, that's why incredulity turned to smiles of appreciation. So who was I watching & more importantly is it on You Tube or somewhere where I can see the whole thing? I've googled the obvious in Spanish and English but no luck. I suppose it would help if I knew who the rappers were...

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
SD. El ministro de Interior y Polic?a, Franklin Almeyda Rancier, anunci? ayer un acto de serenatas y piropos que se llevar? a cabo en el auditorio del Banco Central y se transmitir? por ocho canales de manera simult?nea.

El acto en cuesti?n ser? en horario de 7 a 9 de la noche del domingo 14 con motivo del D?a del Amor y la Amistad.

En tanto, Almeyda Rancier no quiso dar detalles de lo que costar? la transmisi?n por los ocho canales locales y de alcance nacional que servir?n para transmitir el acto donde se recitar?n piropos y se cantar?n serenatas.

En el mismo participar?n importantes figuras como Celso Marranzini, David Ortiz, Pep?n Corripio, Jos? Antonio Molina, Elsa N??ez, Juan Marichal y Michel Camilo.

Durante la actividad se dar?n a conocer los ganadores del concurso de piropos que la entidad realiza cada a?o entre los moradores de los barrios, as? como tambi?n la participaci?n de la Sinf?nica de Mi Barrio y la Banda de M?sica de Mi Barrio.

English:

SD. The minister of Interior and Police, Franklin Almeyda Rancier, announced yesterday an act of serenades and flirtings that will be carry out in the audience of the Central Bank and will be transmitted for eight channels in a simultaneous way.

The act in question will be in schedule from 7 to 9 at night on Sunday 14 because of the Day of the Love and the Friendship.

In the meantime, Almeyda Rancier did not want to give details of what will cost the broadcast by the eight local channels and of national reach that will serve to transmit the act where flirtings will be recited and serenades will be sung.

In the same one they will participate important figures as Celso Marranzini, David Ortiz, Pep?n Corripio, Jos? Antonio Molina, Elsa N??ez, Juan Marichal and Michel Camilo.

During the activity they will bring themselves to light the winners of the contest of flirtings that the company carries out each year among the inhabitants of the neighborhoods, as well as also the participation of the symphony Orchestra of My Neighborhood and the Band of Music of My Neighborhood.

Maybe this may help? :bored:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Didn't they improve between December & February! Just need to clear up the 'race' between the instrumental & vocals in 2nd clip above, which they don't do with the soprano. Obviously the orchestra isn't quite accustomed yet to the timing of rap music.

It is an eternal mystery why string sections just cannot play in a straight line.
This has frustrated me for years.
These days I can just go back and edit but in the good old days of tape I eventually resorted to hitting the players with sticks - literally.

Disclaimer:-
The problem seems less with people who describe themselves as fiddle players and not violinists.
And jazz fiddle players are affected less by this disease.
The Irish have got the idea too.