Where to sell kitesurfing gear here in DR

stiggybaby

Jan 20, 2006
Hello. I'm currently living in the capital, and need to sell my 2 kiteboarding sets fairly quickly. Unfortunately I had an accident that ended my athletic days, and the kites never got inflated nor the boards a chance to touch the water, and now I'm returning to the states, so they need to go ASAP. If I had more time or lived closer to Cabarete, that would give me more options... so, I'm looking for suggestions and options closer to the capital and free or cheap local advertising. I've also got a couple of regular surfboards (long boards), but I think those will be fairly easy to sell since they have a much lower price tag. Any suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
If you have a trusted contact in Cabarete, let them get the word out & post the information around town. Easy enough & cheap to send the equipment by Caribe Express... your main challenge is being sure you have the someone that will take the kite to the buyer & get the money back to you :)

Also try posting in the forum at Cabarete Winds, Cabarete Dominican Republic Not a lot of traffic there, but visited by kiters.

And here's someone looking for a couple of 10-14 meter kites within the last week
http://www.activecabarete.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7ecf781e4ce5101d56a48e9298160bc6&topic=478.0

stiggybaby

Jan 20, 2006
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know if there are any places close to the capital here where they kite and / or surf?

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
Can you post the makes, models and specs, sizes etc with prices for me to look at. Will you split bars and boards, kites? I live in Santo Domingo.

stiggybaby

Jan 20, 2006
Hello,

Everything is new and unused. Never touched water and the kites never inflated.

Switchblade 2 16 with a litewave 179cm board
and the other cabrinha revolver kite 12 with a liquid force 130 board.
2 reel leashes
Session cabrinha seat harness
session harness spreader bar
ocean rodeo harness
ocean rodeo spreader bar
2 pumps... basically 2 new complete sets...still have receipts.

I purchased the kite sets in US when they were running a promotion and paid $2,876.87 (original receipt available) including $70 S&H. Subtracting the S&H, I'm asking 50% ($1,400).

also have
9'2 NEW Isle Surfboard Longboard
and 8' NEW Epoxy longboard
Never used, fins STILL in bag

paid $743 including $235 S&H. Selling for $350 for the pair.

also have mens snorkling set (used three times). I think I paid $39.95 + tax at sams club. Selling for $25.

new wet suit $20, new vest $20 ...a few misc toys (new frisbees, new volleyball, croquet (used once)).

Concept 2 rower (like new) $400 ... and includes cover normally sold seperately ... and if anybody knows these rowers, it's a STEAL! You'll most likely never see one at this price again (check ebay and see for yourself).

92 Chevy silverado 4x4 with camper top $126k / $3,500 usd (only needs new exhaust... has some rust beneath doors and rear wheel wells ... fortunately body work here is cheap).

3 piece craftsman tool box LOADED with all tools imaginable also available

4' x 4' (8' tall) steel storage rack with adjustable shelfs

hp laserjet 3055 (all in one). Very little usage (still has toner in starter cartridge) $250. Paid $449 at best buy. Extra reams of paper included!

Hang ups inversion table $50.

I would prefer to sell surfboards together and kite gear together, perhaps if there are a couple of different buyers that want different things it could work out to everybody's advantage.

stiggybaby

Jan 20, 2006
The tennis rackets sold today, and I have a tentative buyer for the pickup, and some other items.

BTW I'm reducing the price on the two new kites and boards to only $1000...