In Need of Laptop repair in POP area

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
I have a friend who's Dell laptop will not power on. He has tried several different ways, with battery, without battery etc and it still fails to power up. Any one know of someone in the POP aera that repairs Laptops? thanks Phil

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
is the power light coming on at all- try testing it with a seperate monitor. It doesnt sound like a job for rocky I think he knows more about cleaning up and getting good performance out of your machine or program conflicts

Mar 2, 2008
Marco can at least tell you what is wrong, if it is worth fixing, and who can do it. He also can do many repairs if he has the parts.

I've always found he is a great resource and a place to start, and if he can't fix it, he will let you know who can and steer you in the right direction.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
if the battery discharged while laptop was on and then died then most likely its the power jack on the motherboard which needs to be changed. Check with a DC volt meter if you have any voltage coming out of your power supply unit (about 18-19 volts DC). The power supply unit can also burn out.
If the power jack is bad then it has to be ordered via ebay and then have it installed (de-soldered and resoldered) to the motherboard. In the process, the whole laptop has to be unassembled and make sure the person who touches your laptop knows what he is doing, otherwise, it can really get messed up.

AZB