Living in Cabarete

K

kimberlyindr

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone shed some light on living in Cabarete?

For example, cost of a one bedroom apartment, living conditions, is it a noisy area, does Cabarete have crime and loud partying?

Also, I heard the internet constantly goes down. I run an internet buisness, so please let me know the likelihood of this happening.

I am looking to relocate to Cabarete but need more information.

Regards,

Kimberly

cdnresident

Jan 7, 2010
The cost for a one bedroom can be any where from $ 900 USD upto $ 2000 USD depands on services. Now if you rent one in the barios could be less but security and noise are big factor. Internet for me has never been a problem how ever it does happen that it goes down but rare realy. You can choose much better place then Cabarete, the cost of leaving is high and jobs are low paying.

May 29, 2006
There are places for under $400, but it will depend on what your needs are. If you want internet and sat TV, expect to pay more. You can check on the DR1 front page for classifieds or here:

Dominican Classified Ads

I paid $400 a month/incl in Sosua for a small, but nice and quiet condo unit that came with Sat TV, fully furnished and with good security. I think you can get more for your money in Sosua if you don't mind commuting. One of my neighbors commuted to Cabarete everyday.

calverde

Dec 22, 2009
crime everywhere, especially at night, home invasions, don't fite back you'll be ok. lots of guns. crazy but great place to live.

K

kimberlyindr

Renting in DR

Hello to everyone,

Can someone please shed some light on the renting process in DR?

Will I need a guarantor to rent an apartment? And if so, can the guarantor be my lawyer in the Dominican Republic?

What are people's thoughts on this?

Thank you in advance,

Kimberly

May 29, 2006
I never needed a guarantor. I just paid two months down before moving to the DR and another month to move in. So first, last and a security.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Beware of the Guard

Callejon de la Loma is one place I would never recommend for anyone to live in Cabarete. It is hard to tell from that report where the crime occurred.
Where is hotel "Hummingbird".... :paranoid:

donP