Roound trip ticket

Noir

Feb 10, 2010
Hello my name is Nikolaos and I have all my documents translated and legalized and I'm ready to book a ticket to dominican republic.My question is...do I need to buy a round trip ticket anyway even if I don't intend to go back(I will study at a university in DR)?If yes what happens if my ticket is not a round trip?problem with authorities maybe?
**Notice that I will do my inscription at the university once I get there so I don't have any proof that I will study there yet.

Any advice on that would be highly appreciated!Thank you!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Technically you are supposed to have a return ticket or a ticket for another destination if you are not a DR resident.

If they ask to see your return ticket when you leave your departing country and you don't have one you can buy a refundable ticket to somewhere else like Puerto Rico

Several people have told me they don't check once you land in the DR

Last edited:

Noir

Feb 10, 2010
aaa ok!i got it figured out and in a strange way the cost for buying 3 different tickets(greece to germany,germany to DR,DR to puerto rico) is cheaper than buying just 1 combined from greece to DR plus I have a ticket I can show that i'm going out of DR someday..OH!1 last question...do you think that authorities can send me back if I stay more than i am supposed to?

Reactions: mike l

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
aaa ok!i got it figured out and in a strange way the cost for buying 3 different tickets(greece to germany,germany to DR,DR to puerto rico) is cheaper than buying just 1 combined from greece to DR plus I have a ticket I can show that i'm going out of DR someday..OH!1 last question...do you think that authorities can send me back if I stay more than i am supposed to?

Not as long as you don't get into trouble with the law.

You will have to pay a fine for overstaying your intial 2 weeks or whatever it is.

There is a formula if you hit the search function on this site but it costs about $100 U.S. per year to overstay .

Or so much per month

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Dont worry.. Be Happy.

Hey, you guys worry too much..Just be a Tourist coming for 2 weeks. They never ask for a return ticket and if they do.. as you say .. you can always tell them you are going to P.Rico in 2 weeks. Now it all depends on the country you are leaving from if they insist on a return ticket.. Well buy a return ticket and forget to go back.. Pay your fine when leaving and support the economy.. They have no problem with that.. Have fun..M.

Noir

Feb 10, 2010
Hey, you guys worry too much..Just be a Tourist coming for 2 weeks. They never ask for a return ticket and if they do.. as you say .. you can always tell them you are going to P.Rico in 2 weeks. Now it all depends on the country you are leaving from if they insist on a return ticket.. Well buy a return ticket and forget to go back.. Pay your fine when leaving and support the economy.. They have no problem with that.. Have fun..M.

true but will they buy my ''puerto rico story if i have my dog with me???lol