Cash advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2010
Someone knows about places that do cash advance from a credit card?

Where I just need to fill out some form and then they give me money without going to an ATM

T.E.

:surprised

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
i've done this in europe in many banks ~15 years ago and it worked fine.

but today i would just get a pin for my credit card and withdraw the cash advance from the nearest ATM automatically without going in.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
A bank. If you are uncomfortable using an ATM, go in the bank and ask the customer service person who you go to for a cash advance. Be sure to have your passport when you do.

Someone knows about places that do cash advance from a credit card?

Where I just need to fill out some form and then they give me money without going to an ATM

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I did this a few times about 10 years ago.

The credit card company charged me 35% for the advance. :surprised

Loan Sharks have better rates.

meregirl

Aug 22, 2008
Lol

I did this a few times about 10 years ago.

The credit card company charged me 35% for the advance. :surprised

Loan Sharks have better rates.

Yeah but the credit card companies don't try to break your legs for being late. However there are some new changes to their policies. :cheeky:

Reactions: Black Dog

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
A bank. If you are uncomfortable using an ATM, go in the bank and ask the customer service person who you go to for a cash advance. Be sure to have your passport when you do.

I'm pretty sure all the banks do it. Interest/service charge rate, I don't know.

Feb 7, 2007
The bank doing the cash advance gives you the full amount (e.g. 50.000 pesos) . The cash advance is in pesos only. They will swipe your card (credit or debit) through a CardNet POS terminal. The receipt will say "CASH ADVANCE". Have your passport ready. They do not charge a fee on the transaction themselves, but your bank might, and they will split the fee.

Popular only does CREDIT CARDS
Progreso does CREDIT AND DEBIT cards
Banreservas does credit and debit but ONLY VISA cards

Cash advance is a good option if you need to withdraw larger amount of money. Many ATMs in the DR are now programmed to allow you to only take out RD$2.000 pesos per transaction when using card of a different bank than ATM owner.
Example: Popular, Progreso, Leon.

Also, many foreign cards will NOT work in some DR ATM's (don't know why...). I have both US debit Mastercard and European debit VISA, and neither works in Leon or Santa Cruz, but they work in Popular and Progreso.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
BHD takes both Credit or Debit cards for cash advance, and they have a limit on their own cards for ATM withdrawal, but the foreign cards normally use the limit set by the cards originating bank.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
BHD takes both Credit or Debit cards for cash advance, and they have a limit on their own cards for ATM withdrawal, but the foreign cards normally use the limit set by the cards originating bank.

You beat me to it.

If you need to withdraw a large amount eg. 30k RD, find a BHD ATM.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
This may be out of date because I only do this in emergencies, but in the past Reservas would only do Mastercard cash advances and Visa holders would have to use Popular: has this changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.