Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The tourist Visa Process for the DR.

kimberlyindr

Default The tourist Visa Process for the DR.

Hello Everyone,

Can someone please shed some light on the tourist visa process in DR?

Do they give you a visa for 90 days? And if so, what happens if you overstay your visa? Is there a penalty for this?

Also, if you have to leave the country every 90 days, where is the best place to go?

Thank you in advance,

Kimberly

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You get 30 days and then there is an overstay charge (tax) on a rising scale.

From 30 days to 3 months RD $800.00
    From 3 months to 9 months RD $1,000.00
    From 9 months to 1 year RD $2,500.00
    From 1 year to 1 year & 6 months RD $4,000.00
    From 1 year & 6 months to 2 years RD $5,000.00
    From 2 years to 2 years & 6 months RD $6,500.00
    From 2 years & 6 months to 3 years RD $9,000.00
    From 3 years to 5 years RD $14,000.00
    From 5 years onwards RD $17,000.00

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pay when you leave

and have exact change. They check your passport for date of entry and then calculate time in the country, you then proceed to an office, pay the fine and go on your merry way! Not a big deal. Although they keep asking why I don't get my residency I've been doing this for about 2 yrs Now that I've decided to stay and make a go of it in business, it's time to get residency!

Rest in peace Amigo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Dog and ybonabeach the overstay tax is not for a Tourist Visa but for a Tourist Card which is a totally different animal. A Tourist Card is a fairly routine, low level process while a Tourist Visa must be applied for and approved in advance of the travel.

kimberlyindr which country are you from as the requirement for a Tourist Visa or the ability to use a Tourist Cared depends on this answer?

Gregg

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ybonabeach View Post
    and have exact change. They check your passport for date of entry and then calculate time in the country, you then proceed to an office, pay the fine and go on your merry way! Not a big deal. Although they keep asking why I don't get my residency I've been doing this for about 2 yrs Now that I've decided to stay and make a go of it in business, it's time to get residency!
    they dont allways send you to an office if you have to pay, they just take your money and nobody knows anything. just as an example if you have to pay 1500 pesos for your over stay , just have 500 pesos in your passport and on your way you go.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bill p View Post
    they dont allways send you to an office if you have to pay, they just take your money and nobody knows anything. just as an example if you have to pay 1500 pesos for your over stay , just have 500 pesos in your passport and on your way you go.
    And then you wonder why we have a corruption problem here?
    If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.
    If you overstayed then pay the correct amount at the correct place, otherwise when your home don't complain about people from other countries being illegal, or overstaying their visa's.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said bienamor!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    Black Dog and ybonabeach the overstay tax is not for a Tourist Visa but for a Tourist Card which is a totally different animal. A Tourist Card is a fairly routine, low level process while a Tourist Visa must be applied for and approved in advance of the travel.

kimberlyindr which country are you from as the requirement for a Tourist Visa or the ability to use a Tourist Cared depends on this answer?

Gregg
    Opps you're right. I read Tourist Visa and thought "Card". Me bad! Ignore my statement.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My appologies also, a little too keen to help! Although I'm not sure if the OP wasn't thinking 'card' so perhaps a clarrification would help us give the correct answer. Good intervention Fireguy!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    And then you wonder why we have a corruption problem here?
    If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.
    If you overstayed then pay the correct amount at the correct place, otherwise when your home don't complain about people from other countries being illegal, or overstaying their visa's.
    Well, pay the correct amount at the correct place does not mean that the money end up at the CORRECT place, well I am pretty sure it doesn´t. Entonces, I go as cheap as possible also. Last time I said I only had this money (I was short 1500 or something), I had the money needed but in another pocket. Anyway, they asked me if I needed a receipt, I said no. Feliz viaje. Well ok I am bad, but I have kind of given up. Just be happy, corruption will never disappear here and then explain to me how it will, when they for instance pay the police 200-300 US a month... Hey, with that salary I would be the definition of corrupt.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast