Olympic Hockey

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Been watchin olympics on NBC Channel 83. Watched the Russia and Czech game and the whole time broadcasters were pumping the next matchup, Canada vs USA, which started 15 minutes ago. And now in true Dominican style- no hockey game only skiing nd now no mention of it whatesoever.

Did NBC become a Dominican company, as this makes no sense.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
NBC splits their coverage between the main NBC network and 2 cable networks, CNBC and MSNBC. The hockey game is being shown on MSNBC. USA is leading 2-1 as the second period begins.

Their programming decisions are hard to figure sometimes. I know the NHL hasn't done well on American TV, but Olympic hockey appeals to a different audience. I would think this game would be a bigger draw than skiing.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
NBC splits their coverage between the main NBC network and 2 cable networks, CNBC and MSNBC. The hockey game is being shown on MSNBC. USA is leading 2-1 as the second period begins.

Their programming decisions are hard to figure sometimes. I know the NHL hasn't done well on American TV, but Olympic hockey appeals to a different audience. I would think this game would be a bigger draw than skiing.

Yes its obvious what the draw is during a game like this. Its almost like American politicians are making the decisions here, as they are so far from the correct ones.
Watching a new entry sport of criss cross skiing versus a longtime Olympic hockey rivalry between two favored teams..Which one should get the nod, duh!!!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
For those who may be curious, the US won 5-3 in what was certainly not a "miracle", but has to be considered an upset. Canada had a huge edge in shots on goal, but Ryan Miller stood on his head in goal for the US. If he continues plays like that, the US can win it all, even though there are no doubt better teams in the tournament.

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!

congratz to the americans on a fine game last night....although the canadians out shot the americans...the americans out played the canadians...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
congratz to the americans on a fine game last night....although the canadians out shot the americans...the americans out played the canadians...

Wrong, the American goalie outplayed the Canadian goalie. Miller has been having a great couple of seasons for Buffalo.