night time dog packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescatara

Apr 24, 2009
We have been here living and "sleeping" quite ok.
this last month a pack of dogs is in the hood and driving all other dogs wild at night. 2/4 am... I dont think there is a dog police here...or animal control...dog catcher...
It was sugested to buy some poison, but thats not my cuppa...
If i was on a ranch somewhere isolated, well thats different. cant throw rocks at 4 am
thanks aka getting desperate

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Do you deserve to sleep well?????

this last month a pack of dogs is in the hood and driving all other dogs wild at night. 2/4 am... I dont think there is a dog police here...or animal control...dog catcher...
If i was on a ranch somewhere isolated, well thats different. cant throw rocks at 4 am

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a dog problem which is causing you to be kept awake at night - may I suggest that this may be due to bitches being in season and therefore other male dogs are fighting or arguing for their attention.

You don't say which area you are in and I am pleased that laying poison is not your 'cuppa' as you appear to be in an area of profile, possibly city environment, but to even suggest that poison is a way to 'rid yourself' of unwanted dogs is both cruel and unprecidented.

Are you aware of the terrible and painful death which occurs to a poisioned dog? Do you care? You state that if you lived on a ranch somewhere isolated, you would consider this method? This whole suggestion is totally despicable.

There are other ways of controlling dog populations which can, and are a problem, in some areas. If interested, please ask for more detailed solutions and check out the website Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a, Inc. (Friends of the Animals of Sosua)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007

When I first moved here the roosters used to wake me up so I ordered Industrial Strength Ear Plugs.

Apparently the others that did not do this decided enough is enough and made chicken and dumplings!

Status
Not open for further replies.