Where Do Dominicans Honeymoon ???

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
www.mesothelioma-lawsuit-advice.com
I have often wondered this question about many different people who live within reach of Paradise like beaches and resorts. For instance, where do Hawaiians go to honeymoon? Alaska maybe? Lol....

But seriously, as far as honeymooning with Dominicans, is it part of the culture? And if so, where do people who adore their homelands beauty so much travel to and see as worthy of honeymooning at?

Torrey

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
they go to bora bora, presidential suite. Actually many celebrate honeymoon, way before they are even get married. This is the way I prefer it too.
AZB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
poor dominicans enjoy time off work (by law they get few days off fully paid). they may go to see family.
rich dominicans go on cruises or take a trip to usa/europe.

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
Are those the only two kinds of dominicans? Lords and Vassals? nothing in between?

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
Quite a few answers, but I can't tell whats serious and whats the jokes as far as the answers go. So better off Dominicans travel to the U.S. and go to snowy lands?

What about going to P.R. or is that considered a lateral move?

This is very intriguing to me and it seems that the true answers are a bit scarce. Or atleast what I understand to be clear and true answers...

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
unfortunately fun costs money

i would assume that those that have the money would travel...and those that don't have the money would try to do the best they could considering the circumstances :)

i know many in canada that just went to a hotel in thier own city...
they couldn't afford more

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the middle class goes to resort for a few days but they do not travel much abroad. and i doubt dominicans, even the rich ones, do any snow adventures, all dominicans i know hate the cold :)
the most serious answer i can give is that honeymoon does not seem to be that important. i had no honeymoon until 3 or 4 months after the wedding when we finally coordinated our holidays and set off for europe.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
It's tough to travel to foreign lands when you don't have a visa. It's tough to travel to resorts when you have no money. Now if you have the above 2 items you can go where you want

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Family members that have gotten married in the DR have gone on the following honeymoons:

1 couple went Mexico
2 couples on a cruise that departed from Miami
1 couple went to Chile
1 couple went to Europe
and 2 other couples just went to resorts in Punta Cana

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
the middle class goes to resort for a few days but they do not travel much abroad. and i doubt dominicans, even the rich ones, do any snow adventures, all dominicans i know hate the cold :)
Not the ones here, Punta Cana becomes a ghost town after Christmas when almost everyone goes skiing in Colorado. The first time I heard someone saying "se fueron pa' vei" it took me a while to realise what they meant. :D

But yeah, most people I know have gone to a resort in the country or on a short Caribbean cruise.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Not the ones here, Punta Cana becomes a ghost town after Christmas when almost everyone goes skiing in Colorado.

my father in law for the first time experienced abundance of snow during his recent trip to america. he gots so upset it gave him the runs :) i laughed so hard i cried :)
miesposo has never seen snow and he is not even curious :ermm:
heck, i was very curious about palm trees :)

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
Not the ones here, Punta Cana becomes a ghost town after Christmas when almost everyone goes skiing in Colorado. The first time I heard someone saying "se fueron pa' vei" it took me a while to realise what they meant. :D

But yeah, most people I know have gone to a resort in the country or on a short Caribbean cruise.

Yeah I would love to have a woman that could enjoy a week of snow in Colorado and not FREAK OUT! I'm not betting on it though.

I guess you cant go wrong with a nice Cruise or Resort.

Do Dominicans travel to PR?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think that some dominicans with american residency travel to PR just as often as to miami or NYC. whatever is cheaper or more convenient.

Mar 1, 2009
If your not blessed with extra income to travel abroad, you can go to Juan Dolio or a resort for "honeymoon". My friend Peter Guerrero and Carol his wife when they got married went to Juan Dolio for a weekend. He's American born and lives in the DR.

Jorge Decena and Maribel took a couple of day's off after they're wedding and went to La Vega and Boca Chica to honeymoon.

PR as a honeymoon destination for Dominicanos? Yo no se, good question though. I dunno.

I think Europe, Spain, France, England and Italy
North America Nueva York or Miami.
My Parents when they got married they moved into a back room in my grandma's house in Matahambre, Santo Domingo. They we're so poor back then. Then they moved to New Jersey a couple of years later, working in factorias and 4 muchachos who had time to go for honeymoon. They did go to Mexico years later as they're real honeymoon years later God bless em.

When we we're living in the DR later on as kids, we got taken by Leonel Almonte and we're again poor financially. So most of our vacations consisted of going to a finca that my dad's half brother was the caretaker of and chilling their for a whole day or two. It had a swimming pool, dozens of mango, lemon and guayaba trees. The view of the mountains was breathtaking. Cows and chickens. Most of my cousins lived there almost 30 of us, eating a caldo de sancocho, fighting to watch the telenovelas. It was heaven.

But back to topic I would go to PR for a mini honeymoon, it sounds like a great idea. Just gotta find a wife, hehehe....

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
If your not blessed with extra income to travel abroad, you can go to Juan Dolio or a resort for "honeymoon". My friend Peter Guerrero and Carol his wife when they got married went to Juan Dolio for a weekend. He's American born and lives in the DR.

Jorge Decena and Maribel took a couple of day's off after they're wedding and went to La Vega and Boca Chica to honeymoon.

PR as a honeymoon destination for Dominicanos? Yo no se, good question though. I dunno.

I think Europe, Spain, France, England and Italy
North America Nueva York or Miami.
My Parents when they got married they moved into a back room in my grandma's house in Matahambre, Santo Domingo. They we're so poor back then. Then they moved to New Jersey a couple of years later, working in factorias and 4 muchachos who had time to go for honeymoon. They did go to Mexico years later as they're real honeymoon years later God bless em.

When we we're living in the DR later on as kids, we got taken by Leonel Almonte and we're again poor financially. So most of our vacations consisted of going to a finca that my dad's half brother was the caretaker of and chilling their for a whole day or two. It had a swimming pool, dozens of mango, lemon and guayaba trees. The view of the mountains was breathtaking. Cows and chickens. Most of my cousins lived there almost 30 of us, eating a caldo de sancocho, fighting to watch the telenovelas. It was heaven.

But back to topic I would go to PR for a mini honeymoon, it sounds like a great idea. Just gotta find a wife, hehehe....

I find this fascinating! Don't ask me why, I'm not even near marriage, but the question popped up in mind and I must say that these answers really show the difference in expectations of DR women VS those from the U.S.
(the marrying type, that is....)