transmission repair shop

flo

Apr 11, 2006
hi everyone, im looking for a transmission repair shop around the cibao area, or a place that sells toyota transmissions, i have a 2002 toyota camry V6.

im looking for a good place, not one that has 10 year old kids working on my car.

thanks for any help in advance.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Toyota transmissions should be really easy to find at Ramirez or AP. There are a lot of used parts places in Santiago.
The mechanic I used to use for transmissions was El Mocano, located on a street just off Las Carreras as you come down from the Monument. First possible right and next right. A bit hidden but a good shop.

HB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Yes as Hillbily said El Mocano is the best transmission mechanic in santiago, his address is prolongacion Av. Francia esquina Pablo F. Bido beside "Comedor El Sazon".
I recommend you to get a used one at repuestos Ramirez, this is the cheapest and quickest way they will give you a month guarantee, I think is enough time to test it up.

JJ

TheHun

May 4, 2008
flo,
Can you describe the problem? What's going on with the tranny? To get a used one always a risk. It might be better to rebuild it. Sometimes it's not possible if the housing is damaged, but most of the time it can be done. There are also some things to do beside replacing the transmission. Also, shifting problems can happen from a bad or wrongly adjusted kick-down cable, a bad TPS or TCM etc.., which are external problems and you won't need a new tranny.
I have seen quite few people who got used or new transmission and the same problem returned because the tranny was OK at the first time. Get a good diagnostic first.

The Hun

flo

Apr 11, 2006
i already took out the tranny with a friend mecanic, we believe it is the torque converter, but dont know what may have caused the converter to break down, probably my crazy driving.

so we are looking for a qualified repair shop, and in case they cant fix i would go for a used one.

thanks for everyones help

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
El Palacio de la Transmission is the best place for transmission, but it is in santo domingo. I repaired my transmission there. it was a problem with the convertidor, they replaced it. and charged me 8,000pesos. for a Mitsubishi jeepeta.