Is this price reasonable

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have my own HD Dishnetwork receiver sent from the states. It is legal with service paid for in the states. I just received a quote from an installer and he is supplying one 6 ft. dish for sats 110 and 119, lnb, switch, and cableing. He is asking for 26,500 DP for the job. Being that I have never done this before I don't know if this is a descent price or not. With this I will not get HD now but he said with another dish later I can have HD. I am probably moving to Sosua in July so I will get the HD then. Any help will be appreciated.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Reasonable? - Perhaps as a Turn-Key Installation

Hope the installer does realize it is a DISH NETWORK receiver as I don't believe the "DiSEqC switch" will work and that is what they normally have here. A Dish Network SW-21 switch may be what you need for 2 sats (118-119 / 110).

Also, if the LNB is not the "Special" one for Dish 118-119, you will not receive the channels on Satellite 118, the correct special LNB gets both 118-119.

My estimate puts the labor portion of that estimate at around $10,000 minimum. (Putting sat dish price at $13,000 pesos, which may be high)

Anyone buy a sat dish lately, how much are they currently?

I personally do my own installations, have a few extra LNB's, switches, etc.

Don