how you guys carry ccw, round chambered or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

hertom

Jul 14, 2005
I live in S.D.,and for the pass 15 years I been carrying my 92f almost everyday
with the tube empty and safety off, now I carry with one chambered and safety off, I wonder how you guys carry, please comment. BTW I do carry both permit all the time.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have been hear 10 years and I have never seen a person fire a gun or get shot.
Travelled all over the country many times, often drive all over Santo Domingo.

I guess you must live and hang out in a pretty rough neighborhood?

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
I have been hear 10 years and I have never seen a person fire a gun or get shot.

...........Oh Brother.

You deserve one of these Robert.

YAWN

yawn.jpg

hertom

Jul 14, 2005

I live in a pretty good neighborhood, Bella Vista, not the best but so far so good, just my bussiness is down at Paris n Duarte, not a nice neighborhood you want to walk around at night, and when I close at 8pm its kind of dark out there and you can always found some tigres walking around, though I know most of them cause I been there long enough, but there are some new faces now, those tigres told me that a lot of these new faces are came from Haiti, dont know if its true or not.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

How many times have you "Heard" gunfire in those 10 years?

I have been living here 13 years and have not seen a person fire a gun (Except me) or get shot.
I have heard many, many shots being fired in the middle of the night because of ladrones.

Just because one does not see it happen.....................

Don

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
people fire shots at shadows - my neighbour is a good example of that ,she let off a couple of rounds the other night for no paricular reason- just because you hear gunfire it doesnt mean anything is happening

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I used to carry a magnum in my inside jacket pocket but then I had a bad experience and ended up with chocolate, icecream and almonds all over my best shirt!

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
I used to carry a magnum in my inside jacket pocket but then I had a bad experience and ended up with chocolate, icecream and almonds all over my best shirt!

LOL, Thanks for the laugh!!

To the OP, I live in the area of the streets you mentioned and it can get creepy at night..But please keep the safety on...I don't want my shadow getting shot just b/c you're a little jumpy....

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
people fire shots at shadows - my neighbour is a good example of that ,she let off a couple of rounds the other night for no paricular reason- just because you hear gunfire it doesnt mean anything is happening
You're Right!

They could be using a machete!
(The machete is a common side arm and tool!)

Don

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

Robert I always thought the same way until a car came screaming around the corner where i live obviously chasing another, moving at high speeds and an arm out the window firing multiple shots at the car in front.

Oh also, based on my rent I have never considered this a rough area- i live Anacoana, Bella Vista.
Who would have thought, it can happen anywhere.

hertom

Jul 14, 2005
Robert I always thought the same way until a car came screaming around the corner where i live obviously chasing another, moving at high speeds and an arm out the window firing multiple shots at the car in front.

Oh also, based on my rent I have never considered this a rough area- i live Anacoana, Bella Vista.
Who would have thought, it can happen anywhere.

Expat13
I live in the first building of Anacoana,area still ok, just sometimes get a bit noisy late at night when they race on that long straight road.

hertom

Jul 14, 2005
BabyBlu
92f with one in chamber, safety off, hammer down, works just like a revolver on the first shot, so dont worry.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A few guys in my husband's family carry a gun wherever they go, even out to our house in the campo. Loaded. What good is a gun if you have to take the time to fish out a bullet and load the gun? Very dangerous to point a gun at someone if it's not ready to go, good way to get yourself killed.

Like the OP, these relatives have businesses and so the locals know they're often carrying cash.

My husband has a lot of licensed firearms in US, but doesn't carry in DR, even though his cousin always offers him one while we're there. Since he has no license/permit in DR it's not worth the risk of being caught, even though a lot of people we know don't bother with permits because of the high annual cost. Is it really like $2000US or are they exaggerating?

AE

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008

how would you carrying a gun help in this situation ?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
When I was in the RAF we were NEVER allowed to have a round in the chamber unless you heard the order to make ready. Which I never did in my 12 year career.

I have a piece here but I still use my military training when handling it. Rounds in the magazine, no rounds in the chamber. It takes a split second to cock it, so why take any unnecessary risks?

You might want to speak to a Dominican furniture builder here in Sosua who shot himself in the femur whilst putting his Glock down his trousers. He is very lucky to still be alive.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Never ever one in the chamber. safety's have been know to fail! If you pull it load it, safe off.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Good point, play it safe, that accidentally firing through your trousers could hit an innocent bystander.

Status
Not open for further replies.