Irish Pub in Ciudad Colonial

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I understand that there is an Irish Pub or Bar somewhere in SD?s Ciudad Colonial. Can somebody , please, let me have the address and if possible opening hours.?

JustmeJeff

Feb 24, 2010
twitter.com
It's called O'Brians, or O'Briens it's on Calle Hostos between El Conde and Calle Arzobispo Nouel.

I don't drink beer, so I didn't take the time to notice if they have Guinness or not :)

It's a nice place, although I don't know how "Irish" it was.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
O'briens

Checked this out on friday. Hours? we went around 6PM and was closed, and came back at 8 and was open, so not exactly sure when.

Very strange decor for an Irish pub from the manequins dressed in lingerie, to an oldies selection of rock music. The bano door markings are hilarious!

They had about 4or5 types of bottled Irish beer. They had guiness, but sadly no kilkenny.
One friend had a good guiness another said it was stale.Irish beers, especially guiness, need the perfect environment to stay fresh and tastey.
Its definitely pricey so enquire before if it matters.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I have been there too. I dont think they have really created a typical Irish Pub. An Irish Pub is still a great idea for the Colonial Zone. I am sure it will do well.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I have been there too. I dont think they have really created a typical Irish Pub. An Irish Pub is still a great idea for the Colonial Zone. I am sure it will do well.

Yes Agreed, a great idea, and definitely all cities need an irish pub. Kilkenny and beer on draught would be an improvement. If they want to get a regular clientel, they lower beer prices, as they seemed to be the consensus when i was there.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Found it and tried the bottled Guiness, it was good, but at RD$250 a bottle I wouldn't make a night of it there.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Found it and tried the bottled Guiness, it was good, but at RD$250 a bottle I wouldn't make a night of it there.

Yes as I was saying, at 7$ a beer, there only hope of survival is creating a large customer base, that stops in for that one or two beers before moving on to a more affordable night of drinking.

Or find a better supplier at more reasonable pricing, or stop overcharging the clients so they dont feel ripped off.