Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Branch of tree on neghbours roof

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Branch of tree on neghbours roof

What┤s the law here in the RD ┐ In the UK if and only if the neighbour has pointed out the potential danger of the tree branch and I have done nothing can I be held responsible. Otherwise it is considered "an act of god". With the violent sudden wind that we experienced here in LT yesterday that is exactly what happened.
    I feel I can only express my sympathy and nothing more. What┤s the law say ┐

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

very simple

if the branch is over your property you can cut...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I think his tree's branch fell and hit his neighbors roof, now the neighbor wants compensation for the damage. Right?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

A branch from my tree fell on my neighbour┤s roof. He says it is my fault and my tree and wants compensation.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't know the law....
    but you will hve to live next to them for awhile
    best to weigh the costs over the stress or find some equal footing where both can live with it

Post Thanks / Like

L A W Y E R UP!!!!!! Find out what is what. Or make a reasonable offer.

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If the tree is from a gringo and the branch felt on the roof from an Dominican.
    Than he have to pay.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by granca View Post
    What┤s the law here in the RD ┐ In the UK if and only if the neighbour has pointed out the potential danger of the tree branch and I have done nothing can I be held responsible. Otherwise it is considered "an act of god". With the violent sudden wind that we experienced here in LT yesterday that is exactly what happened.
    I feel I can only express my sympathy and nothing more. What┤s the law say ┐
    I think in most states in the US you would be liable. Pay for the fix, but make sure everything is signed off and agreed to. As Hillbilly says lawyer up and hire the contractor your self don't let the neighbor be in charge.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Your tree your branch, I dont think iam sorry is going to cut it, Lawyer up or cut a deal its proberly cheaper.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

As the others said, lawyer up, cut a deal, but you must understand that this has nothing to do with the law.

It has everything to do with cutting your losses, but pay pay you will.

Forget everything you might think you know about the law, and forget about "right and wrong". You will end up paying something even if you might think you are completely in the "right".

I can only surmise that you are a gringo. If you are, and if your neighbor is Dominican, you don't stand a snowball's chance in h*ll of coming out on top with this thing. Just suck it up and look for a sensible solution.

Try to keep the payment reasonable, but keep in mind that you will end up paying something, of that there is no question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast