Open Now! New charity thrift shop in Sosua

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
New customers/ browsers welcome and donations of goods needed to sell and this is why:

The premises for the AAAS Thrift Shop, have generously been donated ?rent free? by North Coast Realty, and are adjacent to the Checkpoint Pub and Sandwich Bar at Beachway Plaza. It will be run and facilitated by volunteers of the non profit making charity of Asociaci?n De Amigos Por Los Animales De Sos?a, Inc. which supports the dogs and cats along the North coast with their excellent clinic facility which, due to the generosity of visiting vets from abroad, continues its extensive spay/ neuter programme in order to humanely control the dog/ cat population.

It is anticipated that this facility will raise much needed funds for the Association to continue its work and expand new projects. Whilst fund raising is the primary target, there will also be an Information Centre where volunteers can inform, first hand, the aims and aspirations of the Association and promote the benefits of adopting one of the many homeless animals.

A good variety and range of goods are required to sell through the new shop ? please donate anything you may have surplus from items of bric-a-brac, jewellery, clothing, to furniture (large and small), white goods, accessories or, in fact, absolutely anything. Larger items such as washing machines, cookers, sofas etc. which may be too large to display will be photographed and posted on the notice board. If any items are not deemed to be saleable via the Thrift Shop they will not be rejected but will be distributed into the community.

All help and support in every way will be invaluable to its ongoing success ? please let us know how you can help and/ or what you would be willing to donate?

We are a Not For Profit Tax Exempt Dominican Corporation #RNC40505169

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
What hours is the store going to be open? Will no doubt be in with some "stuff" soon!! Great work will be continued by everyone supporting this terrific organization!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Great stuff tflea and Spicedwine - so much appreciated. Normal opening hours but best to drop any donations at Judy's Pet Lodge to be sorted for now if that is okay. Thanks so much x

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Good news, whirley. Now you can round up all the British old age pensioners in Sosua to act as sales personnel. That way they won't get homesick because.........there's a strong possibility they would have been doing something similar back in UK. So, the premises can also promote itself as a therapy centre ;).

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i would like to be more helpful but my clothes fall apart before I can give them away, I did send some to Haiti, but Im not sure they would have even wanted them

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Great idea! As Lambada says, we're all used to these shops in the UK high streets and we never used to throw anything away unless it was broken beyond repair. We've cleaned out our cupboards for Haiti but will definately support this venture in the future!
Best of luck with it!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Great stuff tflea and Spicedwine - so much appreciated. Normal opening hours but best to drop any donations at Judy's Pet Lodge to be sorted for now if that is okay. Thanks so much x

I have things that I can donate and live close to your location, but do not have a car. Therefore taking things to Judy's is out of the question. Please post when donations are being received at the store.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have things that I can donate and live close to your location, but do not have a car. Therefore taking things to Judy's is out of the question. Please post when donations are being received at the store.

Thank you, Ken. Although we are encouraging donations to go via Judy's, they will be delighted to accept whatever you are able to donate at the shop which will be open each week day from 10 am - 4 pm. Please tell Colleen at the shop that you responded via DR1 and thanks once again.