Beware of this scam

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
I just heard from a very reliable source that the modern day carpetbagger Gary Douglas Holmes is operating in the Cabarete - Sosua Area. His latest scam is called ?Financial Hope A New Economic Model? FINANCIAL HOPE! - Home Page
Hot Scams Warning: www.financialhope.info
His previous known scams are Lariat Group
US~Observer
US~Observer
and Global Pension Plan.
Global Pension Plan - Page 276 - WORLD Law Direct Forums
Be warned, tell your friends and relatives to stay well clear of this guy.
Mack.

Reactions: Keith R

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
When you say 'operating' do you mean living here?

I saw this 'Ed Hanson contacted the US~Observer to tell his horrifying story of how Gary Holmes, a self proclaimed financial investment expert doing ?Gods? work has cost him and his family nearly everything material. Holmes scam, ?Castle Builders Ministry,? purported to pay off mortgages, credit card debt and financed vehicles.'
Elderly Couple Swindled: Gary Holmes' History of Fraud

and wasn't sure whether to cross post a link to the missionaries in Haiti thread or the Sun Village thread...............

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Interesting that the website Mack gave the link for says 'I (Gary) will not talk with you, will not correspond with you via email or SKYPE without you having talked with your referring member first! YOU must contact your referring member to get your questions answered and then any questions that cannot be answered may be addressed to me or a FH NDA LEADER! They must arrange a call or webinar with me!'

Seems to build in 2 degrees of separation....Wonder why? :cheeky: He might have to work quite hard to remain anonymous in Cabarete............unless he wears a disguise, that is. :)

aross

Nov 15, 2007
He might have to work quite hard to remain anonymous in Cabarete............unless he wears a disguise, that is. :)

I wonder if anyone has a pic of him that could be posted or if there is one somewhere on the Internet

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
Lambada
When you say 'operating' do you mean living here?
His scams are all heavily internet based so living here/operating here is tantamount to the same thing.
Windeguy
I can't recall what it was named, but I recall it was a real estate related "venture".....
He was probably describing the latest real estate development scam in Dominica.
Mack.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
met him

I actually met him a couple months ago. He was looking at my property for his "club". He promotes a Commerce business concept of insiders worldwide where all transactions are not in cash but some sort of Certificate of Gold.
He claims those certificates are as good as cash and can be converted to cash "after closing".
I asked why he couldn't cash his certificates before closing and give me cash. He said he would get back to me. He never did.....;);)

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
the holmes guy lives just outside cabarete, by jardin deportivo.....quite the scam he has going on....commerce...lol

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
If I had been ripped off by one of these guys and I knew where he lived (as with the Fred Elliot Ponzi Scheme) I would pay them a visit and introduce myself.
If they showed any signs of wealth I would ask for my money back in person.
I would be quite firm about it too. ;)

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Beware of Zealots

I must defend Lambada. Whenever anyone tells me how religious they are I always transfer my wallet from my back pocket to the front.

If you are religious you don't need to tell anyone. Your natural goodness should show through. Live your religion Chip and don't talk about it.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Back to the original topic.

If only there was a blue book or something to warn unsuspecting tourists against getting involved with these religious types (they will pretend that they like you, say you are handsome, funny, even a great dancer, but they just want your money). I would be the first in line with my crisp $10 bill in hand. And I would even write the first endorsement:

Tons of information - a great tool for anyone interested in traveling to Sosua. Better to know before you get there! Wow! Did I save a lot of money being that much smarter. Thanks again

Tomas2.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Pedro is building up to a Paxo
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uwlsd8RAoqI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uwlsd8RAoqI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reactions: woofsback

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Shall I act as 'intermission' while we wait for Chip's response? :cheeky:

Shouldn't someone inform the P.N. about this guy ??

I don't know if that would do any good but I can tell you that the website reporting the scam US~Observer.com (the one Mack posted) has known for some time of Mr. Holmes whereabouts and is, shall we say, active in their interest ;).