Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware of this scam

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Beware of this scam

I just heard from a very reliable source that the modern day carpetbagger Gary Douglas Holmes is operating in the Cabarete - Sosua Area. His latest scam is called “Financial Hope A New Economic Model” FINANCIAL HOPE! - Home Page
    Hot Scams Warning: www.financialhope.info
    His previous known scams are Lariat Group
    US~Observer
    US~Observer
    and Global Pension Plan.
    Global Pension Plan - Page 276 - WORLD Law Direct Forums
    Be warned, tell your friends and relatives to stay well clear of this guy.
    Mack.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

When you say 'operating' do you mean living here?

I saw this 'Ed Hanson contacted the US~Observer to tell his horrifying story of how Gary Holmes, a self proclaimed financial investment expert doing “Gods” work has cost him and his family nearly everything material. Holmes scam, “Castle Builders Ministry,” purported to pay off mortgages, credit card debt and financed vehicles.'
    Elderly Couple Swindled: Gary Holmes' History of Fraud

and wasn't sure whether to cross post a link to the missionaries in Haiti thread or the Sun Village thread...............

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that the website Mack gave the link for says 'I (Gary) will not talk with you, will not correspond with you via email or SKYPE without you having talked with your referring member first! YOU must contact your referring member to get your questions answered and then any questions that cannot be answered may be addressed to me or a FH NDA LEADER! They must arrange a call or webinar with me!'

Seems to build in 2 degrees of separation....Wonder why? He might have to work quite hard to remain anonymous in Cabarete............unless he wears a disguise, that is.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    He might have to work quite hard to remain anonymous in Cabarete............unless he wears a disguise, that is.
    I wonder if anyone has a pic of him that could be posted or if there is one somewhere on the Internet

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Lambada
    When you say 'operating' do you mean living here?
    His scams are all heavily internet based so living here/operating here is tantamount to the same thing.
    Windeguy
    I can't recall what it was named, but I recall it was a real estate related "venture".....
    He was probably describing the latest real estate development scam in Dominica.
    Mack.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default met him

I actually met him a couple months ago. He was looking at my property for his "club". He promotes a Commerce business concept of insiders worldwide where all transactions are not in cash but some sort of Certificate of Gold.
    He claims those certificates are as good as cash and can be converted to cash "after closing".
    I asked why he couldn't cash his certificates before closing and give me cash. He said he would get back to me. He never did.....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't someone inform the P.N. about this guy ??

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman33 View Post
    Shouldn't someone inform the P.N. about this guy ??
    here is another out of Sosua

GEG / Guardian Equity Group Scam - Robert vs David Cullen Fiasco Unwinds, GEG / UPBAN Scam Follows Ponzi Scheme Trails | Ponzi Scheme Alert - News, updates, and warnings

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

here is another out of Sosua

GEG / Guardian Equity Group Scam - Robert vs David Cullen Fiasco Unwinds, GEG / UPBAN Scam Follows Ponzi Scheme Trails | Ponzi Scheme Alert - News, updates, and warnings
    Roberto Ledesma is not Roberto Ledesma. His real name is
    Traves Virgil Brownlee. He is not Dominican as he claims but was born
    in the state if Iowa, or possibly Illinois in the United States.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast