Grand Paradise resort at Playa Dorada? NO WAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

miozio

May 23, 2009
1. Ripped off at the recepcion for 1000 pesos, never refunded!
2. Watched drunk high school kids all day.
3. Ate rubber like meat in 3 resaurants!
3. Enjoyed the beach without any umbrellas nor chairs - all taken by towels and books for the whole day!!
4. Tennis court not functional, mini golf is a joke with dirt in the holes.
5. To complement it all, our whole family has been having diarea for 3 days now after one sunny day at this paradise hotel.
This hotel is perfect for an underaged kid of 16-17 to walk around with a beer all day, NOTHING else!

miozio

May 23, 2009
We decided to spend the whole day there and got a pass till 11pm for 5500pesos for 2, the baby went for free. I was supposed to pay 4500 from the words of the manager. I am thinking that all the resorts at Playa Dorada have the same service!

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
1)What for?
2)why were you watching them?
3)Why did it take you 3 times to realise?
3b)Im surprised, they try to rent you parasols and beach chairs all day long?
4)If tennis was so all important, why didnt you go somewhere else?

4b)I thought the holes were in the ground?
5)I reccomend pepto bismol

Im not trying to be sarcastic, and i understand you have had, by the sounds of things an awful experience.

If this was me i would be telling people to steer clear, as you are, but you should also be writing a letter to their management and/ or owners, so they can make it a better experience for anyone else that decides to visit.

BlackRainbow

miozio

May 23, 2009
1)What for?
2)why were you watching them?
3)Why did it take you 3 times to realise?
3b)Im surprised, they try to rent you parasols and beach chairs all day long?
4)If tennis was so all important, why didnt you go somewhere else?

4b)I thought the holes were in the ground?
5)I reccomend pepto bismol

BlackRainbow

1) we paid 1 thousand pesos more for the passes, the clerk kept it and dissapeared, the manager couldn't reach him by phone.
2) They were everywhere, if you open your eyes, you see them if you close them, you hear them! We had to walk to another hotel to find a quiet spot.
3) You have a hope sometimes, you know, that its not a complete trash, you give them a second chance and finally 3rd, after which you look for the managers!
4)i didn't think they could be in mud!
5) does it work for a 1 year old baby?

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Gran Ventana and Victoria are great

Nope! Not all the hotels in Playa Dorada have the same service. I had a wonderful time at the Gran Ventana in November (rated #7 on Trip Advisor).

-BB :bunny:

Grand Paradise Playa Dorada (Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic) - Resort Reviews - TripAdvisor

I had a great time at these resorts too in January of 2010. If you want to save $ book your room at Victoria and you get access to Gran Ventana as well...and all the amenities. Victoria is more quiet and secluded and Gran Ventana is where the action is...and bigger buffets pools etc...Victoria was mostly adults and there were no teenagers running around etc....they have an adults only pool area there with a nice grotto and bar etc.... the food was good at both places and the staff were great too. I liked it so much I'm going back in April.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I'm pretty sure any hotel you go to during the Spring Break period for CAN & US (Feb - Mid March) is going to be overrun by drunk teeanagers.

miozio

May 23, 2009
I had a great time at these resorts too in January of 2010. If you want to save $ book your room at Victoria and you get access to Gran Ventana as well...and all the amenities. Victoria is more quiet and secluded and Gran Ventana is where the action is...and bigger buffets pools etc...Victoria was mostly adults and there were no teenagers running around etc....they have an adults only pool area there with a nice grotto and bar etc.... the food was good at both places and the staff were great too. I liked it so much I'm going back in April.

Gran Ventana is now on our list, the next time we will try it out. May be after the spring break :)

miloco

Sep 7, 2006
grand paradise

Funny thing because I've been there (Grand Paradise) a number of times and never experienced the problems you are mentioning. I'm more than twice as old as a drunken teenager, however wherever you go you make the best of what you get if you want to have fun.
Sorry it didn't work out for you.... I'm sure there must be some positive things you forgot to mention.

miozio

May 23, 2009
Funny thing because I've been there (Grand Paradise) a number of times and never experienced the problems you are mentioning. I'm more than twice as old as a drunken teenager, however wherever you go you make the best of what you get if you want to have fun.
Sorry it didn't work out for you.... I'm sure there must be some positive things you forgot to mention.
Yes, its true, i forgot to mention that all the staff members apart from the yellow eyed guy who we paid extra were nice. The big problem that nobody knows how to fix those problems. i wish i could go behind the scenes and see how they cook the food. One more thing, the beer tasted good! Il presidente on tab!
I still wouldn't recommend wasting 5500 pesos just for for the beer and smiles!

miloco

Sep 7, 2006
I knew there was a good side .... sometimes smiles work better than pesos. Beer? the PLaya Dorada plaza has alot of shops with really cold presidente in bottles... with 5500 DR$ you could probably buy the whole cooler.

Just having fun... if you went to the beach bar, there's a bartender named Alan .... says he's a preacher but the name of the bar is the "Sinner's Bar". I'm sure that any preacher working at a sinner's bar would likely offer you a drink. If he pulls out his little knife bring a machete.. have to have a sense of humor ..

I noticed that different people have different expressions, illusions, experiences, emotions, (notice i ran out of vowel words) about similar things about anything. Some women tienen la luna stuff. Guys have some kind of midlife crisis when the women tell them. It's all good.

Keep smiling

miozio

May 23, 2009
One more good side: we met a nice family of French Canadians who had a baby girl just like us... That was one of the reasons we need to go to public places like that resort, - to meet people.. I've realised now that we are always in good terms with family people as we have so much in common. I wish Grand Paradise solves their unpleasant sides and we could some day return, but.. life is short and it has 1 billon other things to do including other food, resorts, countries, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.