Taxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoya19

Mar 11, 2002
members.kingston.net
I haven't been back to the Dominican since 2002 now and I was wondering if anyone knows how much the bus and taxi prices are from outside the Playa Dorada complex into Puerto Plata - Casa Nelson (if still around), central park area?

Also, if anyone knows a taxi driver that we could pay to take us on a private tour please let me know along with costs. There is a few places I would like to visit and see again that are not on a normal tour.

Thanks

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
A friend of mine from the area, Dom/American, will take you anywhere on the island you would like to go and translate , if needed. Not cheap but good...........

Wilman Valdez 1-829-891-7001
1-809-912-5037

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
... how much the bus and taxi prices are from outside the Playa Dorada complex into Puerto Plata - Casa Nelson (if still around), central park area?
Since you mention "bus" and "from outside the ... complex" I assume you are happy to use public transport (guaguas or shared taxis) rather than pay the high rates charged by private taxis. Very sensible of you.

A publico (shared taxi) will charge you 25 pesos from Playa Dorada and drop you right outside Casa Nelson or in Parque Central, whichever you prefer.

Hail one outside the Playa Dorada gates. They arrive at an average rate of about one every two minutes (except in the small hours when much less frequent) though some may flash past because they are already full up.

If you are a larger person or are carrying much shopping you can buy two seats for a massive 50 pesos (as against the 250 pesos a private taxi will charge you for one way - assuming you find an honest one).

The guagua from Rio San Juan will also take you there, for 20 pesos.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Casa Nelson and other stores

Casa Nelson is still going and there is a new branch of La Sirena (a large and pleasant general store) now open on the Malecon, a few minutes walk from where the publico would drop you off.

For cheaper clothes Tienda Jim?nez, and for food and household stuff the supermarkets Jos? Luis and Tropical, all lie directly on your publico route.

zoya19

Mar 11, 2002
members.kingston.net
I do hope, you have been calling each other... :tired:

donP

Excuse me. I am taking my husband and two children with me. I haven't lived and volunteered in Dominican for a very long time. The only people I have kept up with are another family and there 3 kids.

Thanks everyone I always felt save using public transport before alone but now with a family I figure taxi or bus would be the easiest.

Glad to hear Jos? Luis and Tropical are still around I use to grocery shop in both.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.