Marriage

M

Maverick

What are the requirments for marriage in the DR? As far as an American marrying a Dominican?

Thanks..

S

Sue

Why can't people just answer the question instead of writing check the archives...a short simple answer would be appreciate

W

williamleslie

Because the same question is answered almost every single week and the archives often have more comprehensive answers as they were done before the people answering got tired of answering the same question in detail. Human nature

S

Sarah

Hey Rob/Dolores...an idea:

Could you post just a brief message under the Archive links on the Message Board explaining just what williamleslie is saying here so that we don't feel compelled to post "check the archives" messages? New visitors may not realize exactly what these links can provide. Thanks, Sarah

T

Tom

Some people don't feel qualified to provide a concise answer to your question, thus a referral to the archives to provide a possibly unknow resource

J

J.H.H.

You will need passport,certified copy of birth certificate, proof that you are single, certified copies of any or all divorces,(if I remember any divorce paperwork needs to be translated to spanish)and money,I don't recall what every thing costs but the singleness certificate it's self was $55

W

williamleslie

Plus the cost for the pre-nuptual agreement or you're liable for 50% of your money even if the marriage only lasts one month. (DR law) (Since some incredibly high percentage of marriages don't make it..like 50% or something) better be safe.

M

Maverick

Archives

I've checked the archives and thanks. One final question to which I couldn't find an answer, besides the passport, birth certificate, what is a paper stating that your single? Where do you obtain that? Here (USA), and if so where? Or in the DR?

Thanks..