Taxi Cabarete - Sto Domingo airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I have a friend leaving from Cabarete thursday night. Plane leaves at 7 in the morning. Anyone has any idea how much it is? Yes, I can read the signs at taxi cabarete, but maybe somebody knows any driver willing to do it for less. Maybe a driver that lives in Sto Domingo, that wants to leave for the weekend.

His first plan was to go down, stay at hotel and then leave, but maybe a taxi is an alternative for him

Any input appreciated.

Reactions: mike l

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
......His first plan was to go down, stay at hotel and then leave, but maybe a taxi is an alternative for him

Any input appreciated.
I like your friend's first plan. I know I would not like to be in a cab late at night on a ride from Cabarete to SDQ, those are some very dark roads. Maybe your friend might like to come early in the day and spend some time in Zona Colonial, spend the night in a hotel and head to the airport around 4:30am.

Reactions: mike l

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I paid $200 US a year ago, in March 2009, from Santo D. airport to Cabarete.
Left late afternoon and arrived around 11pm or so.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
have him call Victor Guzman at 809 493 3799. He's a Cabarete taxi driver I know and travels a lot to SDQ at night. He should be open to negotiate a price for you.

cdnresident

Jan 7, 2010
Take the bus the day before enjoy Santo-Domingo and then go to the airport in the morning. There are many low budget hotel and great restaurant and disco to enjoy. It will end up being the same price after you add it all up. But the twist will be to see something diffrent. Jazz bar, Latin bar, zona colonial or even you could go to la cueva de la maravilla a must see if you get the chance.

Enjoy your trip

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Take the bus the day before enjoy Santo-Domingo and then go to the airport in the morning. There are many low budget hotel and great restaurant and disco to enjoy. It will end up being the same price after you add it all up. But the twist will be to see something diffrent. Jazz bar, Latin bar, zona colonial or even you could go to la cueva de la maravilla a must see if you get the chance.

Enjoy your trip

Exactly!
Take the bus (Caribe Tours or Metro) from Sosua the day before. To take advantage of the trip, go early and discover Santo Domingo 4Hrs. later.
Find a boutique hotel in the colonial zone or one of the 4 star bunkers along the Malecon... either way you should find something real nice for USD100.oo or under. The Bus ride: about USD 10.oo per pax. Taxi in Sosua, and Santo Domingo (to the hotel) another $10.oo. Taxi from the hotel to the airport next morning around $15.oo (you negotiate that with your cab from the bus arrival to the hotel, maybe. Hotel cabs tend to try to get you for about twice that.). If your plane leaves around 7 in the morning (?) then you can calculate 30min from the city to the airport.

All in all, still cheaper and SAFER than the cross country taxi ride at night.

... J-D.

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
i have a driver taking me from sosua to santiago, for a very fair price, that was found through here.

i will pm you contact info.

not sure if they make the drive to santiago or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.