need a lil clarity

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
i've tried to give reputation points to several posters on things i liked

now i have given these folks a point or 2 in the past and for some reason it keeps saying i need to spread the points around

it's not like i'm stuffing the ballot box as i try to be honest and fair with the system...

is there a time limit per point/person
how many do i have to pass to others b4 i am allowed to give another a second point

tx for your help :)

Reactions: Hlywud

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I don't know if it's a time limit or you can only give points to the same person one in every so many times. I guess the idea is to stop someone keep giving points to one of their buddies all the time!

Lex87

Mar 1, 2010
If it helps you at all, I'm brand new and would LOVE some points.

I wish I knew how the point system worked and then you could give me legit points for my brilliant post.

Hahaha!

Cheers!

Reactions: Black Dog

Lex87

Mar 1, 2010
Is reputation a bad thing?

Thanks Black Dog! I feel so warm fuzzy n welcomed.. ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes there is a limit. You have to give to 20 different posters limited to 10 posters a day before returning to the first.

The trick is to find 10 good posts a day ;)

Reactions: woofsback

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Is reputation a bad thing?

Thanks Black Dog! I feel so warm fuzzy n welcomed.. ;)

We only have good reputation posts but you actually have to post something worthwhile before receiving them or maybe not. :paranoid:
Some times being funny will get you more points than being useful and informative.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Anna, you have brought a broad smile to my face twice today! I tend to give points for 3 reasons
1) Very informative showing good knowledge of subject
2) Something very profound and thought provoking
3) something that really makes me smile

Actually I tried to give you some points for a comment you made today on another thread but apparantly I'm not spreading it about enough! LOL

Reactions: AnnaC