Address??

mer_359

Nov 13, 2009
Hello all!

I'm looking to send a friend of mine a birthday gift. But I'm a little confused about the address. What he gave me was "avenida livertad numero 14 mercado municipal. casilla a 72". It's in Higuey. It seems imcomplete, but maybe I'm just confused. Any help with the format of the address would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-Meri

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
There's an excellent chance they will never receive it unless it is sent FedEX, UPS, DHL, etc.

Don

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hello all!

I'm looking to send a friend of mine a birthday gift. But I'm a little confused about the address. What he gave me was "avenida livertad numero 14 mercado municipal. casilla a 72". It's in Higuey. It seems imcomplete, but maybe I'm just confused. Any help with the format of the address would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-Meri

I quoted this to correct the Spanish: Avenida Libertad #14, Mercado Municipal, Casilla 72, Higuey, Rep?blica Dominicana

However, if it's not sent by courier it may never get there. Bite the bullet and send it FedEx...

HB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Will Fedex etc deliver if it isn't a residential address? Looks suspiciously like a market stall in the municipal market to me, but maybe someone local could chime in?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Good luck with sending the gift.

I'm guessing from your other post this friend may be a DDD you met on your trip to Punta Cana Princess (All Inclusive) over New Years.

Another "Dominican Love Story" in the making?

Don

Feb 7, 2007
Will Fedex etc deliver if it isn't a residential address? Looks suspiciously like a market stall in the municipal market to me, but maybe someone local could chime in?

It sure looks like a market stall ... a higuey Market is on Av. libertad... so...

Feb 7, 2007
Hello all!

Thanks in advance!

-Meri

Have them go to Pick'n'Send (in the RoadRunner video store office on c/Beller) and open up a free account with Miami address. Let them pass on to you the address and send the gift there. After it is received in Miami (calculate shipping time form your place to Miami), 2-3 days later they can pick it up there and pay just a small freight fee of RD$111 per pound. It will get to their hands with no hassle, and 100%.

Feb 7, 2007

I wouldn't send Fedex to Higuey. They outsource deliveries in the East to a local freight company and they are quite unreliable (no, the packages do not go missing, but the driver may just "forget" to call you when he is in town, or he is not able to "locate" your address, etc ... you end up either spending lots of $$$ on phone calls arranging deliver and re-delivery, or end up after all picking up the package in Santo Domingo).

UPS is also not much better, even though they have own drivers and trucks and deliver directly, if they cannot locate you, they most often leave the package at local MetroPack/EPS location for your free pickup. Much less hassle than Fedex, but it's still not a door-to-door service.

DHL sends you the packages by MetroPack, after prior arrangement with their Santo Domingo office. You pick up in local MetroPack office. If you do not make the arrangements and they cannot reach you by phone (which is more than likely) the package will just sit in Santo Domingo.

All these are Higuey-related only, and I cannot speak for other cities.
I know it is the same for Bavaro and La Romana as well, though.

mer_359

Nov 13, 2009
Good luck with sending the gift.

I'm guessing from your other post this friend may be a DDD you met on your trip to Punta Cana Princess (All Inclusive) over New Years.

Another "Dominican Love Story" in the making?

Don

Haha, I did meet him while I was there, however we are in no way romantically invovled. My friend and I met him and a few other local people our age. We played pool a couple of nights and went to clubs.
I just wanted to sent a little something down there, nothing special or expensive for that matter. But now I see how much hassle is involved with shipping it, and it's not even garunteed. So, I don't think I'll send anything other than a "Happy birthday" text.
But, thanks for your concern! ;)

mer_359

Nov 13, 2009
And thank you to everyone who took the time to help me out! I really do appreciate it!