Pico Duarte

C

cooly2j

I'll be traveling to the DR in July, and would like to hike pico Duarte. Does anyone know of a good tour company or a group of local Dominican that i can join? IM a 26 year old male in good physical condition since a train for marathons.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
I'll be traveling to the DR in July, and would like to hike pico Duarte. Does anyone know of a good tour company or a group of local Dominican that i can join? IM a 26 year old male in good physical condition since a train for marathons.

2 places come to mind, not sure if they are still operational. Rancho Wendy out of Bonao does a 5 day deal w/meals and lodging. Also Iguana Mama out of Cabarete has a 3 day deal, not sure how they compare.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Rancho Baiguate and Rancho Jarabacoa, both based in Jarabacoa, offer tours to Pico Duarte. They have been doing them for years.

Many other outfits farm out "their" tours to those two companies.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Read the thread previously posted. You can arrange a tour but be ready to pay a much higher price than doing it independently.

One word of advise: don't try to hike Pico Duarte in 14 hours like two idiots I know personally :)