Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Q about UK Passport renewal

Post Thanks / Like

Default Q about UK Passport renewal

I'm in the process renewing my son's British passport using the new system of downloading the form and couriering the passport and form to Washington DC.

Getting someone to countersign was the worst part because we don't know any Brits here on the east coast who fulfil the two-year rule, so I had to send the photo and form via Metropack to be signed by a friend in SD.

Now, my question is: the UK consulate in Washington is supposed send the renewed passport back by courier, but should I put my Miami P O Box address (I have two, one with Mail Boxes Etc in Bávaro and one with POBI in SD) or my street address for the return address?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    I'm in the process renewing my son's British passport using the new system of downloading the form and couriering the passport and form to Washington DC.

Getting someone to countersign was the worst part because we don't know any Brits here on the east coast who fulfil the two-year rule, so I had to send the photo and form via Metropack to be signed by a friend in SD.

Now, my question is: the UK consulate in Washington is supposed send the renewed passport back by courier, but should I put my Miami P O Box address (I have two, one with Mail Boxes Etc in Bávaro and one with POBI in SD) or my street address for the return address?
    You should PM SteveS(a brit), He went through this exact process a couple months back.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I had mine sent back here via courier. Didn't have a problem and you can track it all the way. I think they use DHL, can't remember, but it was one of the big three (UPS, FedEx or DHL)

Post Thanks / Like

"Here" as in to your home address, Robert?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I had mine sent back here via courier. Didn't have a problem and you can track it all the way. I think they use DHL, can't remember, but it was one of the big three (UPS, FedEx or DHL)
    Looks like in my case it will be UPS. Can I ask you, Robert, how did you know it was on its way back so you could track it? Did they email you the tracking number? Or did you have to phone Careline Services (which I assume is some sort of Mumbai based customer service outsource )?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They give you a tracking number and you can track it on-line.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the embassy site have a way of checking the status of application? I can track it via UPS until it gets delivered.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    They give you a tracking number and you can track it on-line.
    HOW do they give you a tracking number? Do you phone for it or do they email you?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    HOW do they give you a tracking number? Do you phone for it or do they email you?
    If it's the same as the visa application for Dominicans who send their passport to the UK consulate in New York, they email you once your passport had been sent and give you the tracking number.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    If it's the same as the visa application for Dominicans who send their passport to the UK consulate in New York, they email you once your passport had been sent and give you the tracking number.
    Thank you beeza. Now I'd just like to hear from someone who renewed their UK passport and received an email with tracking number.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast