Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Q about UK Passport renewal

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Q about UK Passport renewal

    I'm in the process renewing my son's British passport using the new system of downloading the form and couriering the passport and form to Washington DC.

    Getting someone to countersign was the worst part because we don't know any Brits here on the east coast who fulfil the two-year rule, so I had to send the photo and form via Metropack to be signed by a friend in SD.

    Now, my question is: the UK consulate in Washington is supposed send the renewed passport back by courier, but should I put my Miami P O Box address (I have two, one with Mail Boxes Etc in Bávaro and one with POBI in SD) or my street address for the return address?

  2. #2
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,965
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chirimoya View Post
    I'm in the process renewing my son's British passport using the new system of downloading the form and couriering the passport and form to Washington DC.

    Getting someone to countersign was the worst part because we don't know any Brits here on the east coast who fulfil the two-year rule, so I had to send the photo and form via Metropack to be signed by a friend in SD.

    Now, my question is: the UK consulate in Washington is supposed send the renewed passport back by courier, but should I put my Miami P O Box address (I have two, one with Mail Boxes Etc in Bávaro and one with POBI in SD) or my street address for the return address?
    You should PM SteveS(a brit), He went through this exact process a couple months back.

  3. #3
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 1999
    Posts
    24,290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I had mine sent back here via courier. Didn't have a problem and you can track it all the way. I think they use DHL, can't remember, but it was one of the big three (UPS, FedEx or DHL)

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    "Here" as in to your home address, Robert?

  5. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I had mine sent back here via courier. Didn't have a problem and you can track it all the way. I think they use DHL, can't remember, but it was one of the big three (UPS, FedEx or DHL)
    Looks like in my case it will be UPS. Can I ask you, Robert, how did you know it was on its way back so you could track it? Did they email you the tracking number? Or did you have to phone Careline Services (which I assume is some sort of Mumbai based customer service outsource )?

  6. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They give you a tracking number and you can track it on-line.

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,051
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does the embassy site have a way of checking the status of application? I can track it via UPS until it gets delivered.

  8. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    They give you a tracking number and you can track it on-line.
    HOW do they give you a tracking number? Do you phone for it or do they email you?

  9. #9
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,531
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    HOW do they give you a tracking number? Do you phone for it or do they email you?
    If it's the same as the visa application for Dominicans who send their passport to the UK consulate in New York, they email you once your passport had been sent and give you the tracking number.

  10. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    If it's the same as the visa application for Dominicans who send their passport to the UK consulate in New York, they email you once your passport had been sent and give you the tracking number.
    Thank you beeza. Now I'd just like to hear from someone who renewed their UK passport and received an email with tracking number.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •