Frequency of Claro's Banda Ancha?

Mocamike

Nov 18, 2006
Does anyone happen to know what frequency that Claro's banda ancha works on? Trying to see if a repeater would help reception problems. Thanks in advance.

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Yes, I am working on making a super FAQ on all DR cel providers...might help out a few folks.

CLARO UMTS/HSDPA (3G) band is 850 MHz

With that said, generally speaking a repeater would work as long as the device antenna can get a good signal....

Illustrated example...
Antenna outside home or bldg (getting good signal)<------->coax cabling (RG59 or RG6)<-------->repeater inside home or bldg

Those type of repeaters are approx a couple hundred (USD). Hope this helps!

Feb 7, 2007
Also there are so called "passive repeaters" which most users tha bought them say are just a scam.

Also make sure that the band is supported, 850 MHz UMTS/HSDPA is not the same as 850 MHz GSM. Your repeater (if bought in the USA) should specifically say it supports AT&T 3G service.

If the company in question was Orange, it would be 900 MHz UMTS/HSDPA & 1900 MHz GSM, repeater in the U.S. should then be T-Mobile compatible.

Also one note ... the repeaters are small, mini transmitters, As per FCC regulations repeaters are perse interference with carrier cellular network. There is only one or two authorized manufacturers by the FCC to produce these home repeaters.

I was myself looking into a similar solution but decided couple of hundred dollars was not worth it to add some signal into my part-time home office that has (but not good one) reception.

This was a Chinese one and the cheapest I found on the market. Google

Frankestein

May 3, 2011
United States
Also there are so called "passive repeaters" which most users tha bought them say are just a scam.

Also make sure that the band is supported, 850 MHz UMTS/HSDPA is not the same as 850 MHz GSM. Your repeater (if bought in the USA) should specifically say it supports AT&T 3G service.

If the company in question was Orange, it would be 900 MHz UMTS/HSDPA & 1900 MHz GSM, repeater in the U.S. should then be T-Mobile compatible.

Also one note ... the repeaters are small, mini transmitters, As per FCC regulations repeaters are perse interference with carrier cellular network. There is only one or two authorized manufacturers by the FCC to produce these home repeaters.

I was myself looking into a similar solution but decided couple of hundred dollars was not worth it to add some signal into my part-time home office that has (but not good one) reception.

Thanks for sharing it here..!!
I have watched it and you are right that it is more cheaper then that...!!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

Rubio, you are saying att phones have the same frequencies as claro phones here? I can use 3G claro on ATT phones? thanks.