Netbook /Printer Purchase in POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

surferboy

Jul 24, 2009
Looking to buy a netbook + basic printer in POP - are there any stores that carry these items?
Any idea of prices compared to US?
I'm sure they are more expensive in POP, but by how much approx.?
Anyone who has a netbook or basic printer to sell?
Thanks for your ideas.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Your best bet for a netbook is to buy it on line and have it shipped to someone who is headed to POP, who could bring it in for you. Obviously, it would have to be someone you trust. Customs shouldn't be a problem as long as it isn't in the original box.

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You have to weigh both price and warranty. I recently bought a new monitor, which I could have bought for less money in the US. Adding shipping, price about same. But more important to me was that the product warranty on the product shipped from US would have been worthless,whereas buying it here from a reputable dealer I knew that the warranty he gave me was good.

The laptop I am now thinking to buy will be bought when I am in the US.
same concern about warranty, except I will be in the US for a couple of months and can give the computer a lot of use while there in the event there are problems.

Reading consumer reports for products at Amazon, I can see that there is a chance of getting something like a computer shipped here, only to find it is defective. It may be rare, but it does happen. So for that reason, I want to give the new computer a lot of use before bringing it to the DR

surferboy

Jul 24, 2009
Thanks to all.
I'll most likely buy a laptop in the US and bring it down myself, and a printer in POP.
Is Ceducomp a good supplier of printers?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
They have printers. They are the best place in Puerto Plata and have their own repair people on site.

Status
Not open for further replies.