Anyone in Germany? Need Euros sent

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I bought a book that I've been looking for on Ebay from a guy in Germany, I owe him about 11 Euros. The problem is that he doesn't accept Paypal. My bank wants $40 for an international wire transfer, and they can order Euros for me but I have to buy 100 Euro minimum. I hate to lose the book. I had the thought that if someone on DR1 was in Germany - who has a Paypal account - that I could Paypal them the money and they could mail it to the guy?

I know it's a shot in the dark, but wanted to try anyway. I don't live near an international airport with a currency exchange, I know that would be my best bet, but it's a 3 hr drive to NY

AE

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I am not sure if it will help you much but I can send it from my UK bank. It will still cost 10 pounds though to send it - a bit less than 40US$ - but stll pricey. One day transfers cost 25 pounds. This one is a 5 day transfer. Then next time you are in the DR you can pay me back in pesos or dollars.

Matilda

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A wonderful person PM'd me and called the German seller for me, then transferred the funds that I sent to them via Paypal into the seller's bank account as they requested.

Ask here, and you may receive....

Gracias to them and to the others who offered help or made suggestions!

AE