Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tips and advice, please

Hello all Im new here ^ ^! uhm I wanted to ask. My Boyfriend is moving down to DR in a year or so and I wanted to know if anyone could give us some tips and advice?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to DR1 - I gave your question its own thread. Before anything the best advice would be to read the information here on dr1, in the Living Forum and other forums, and in the articles section. You can also use the "search" function for specific topics.

Do you know which part of the DR you'll be moving to?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default He is moving.

Quote Originally Posted by asuka13 View Post
    My Boyfriend is moving down to DR ___ anyone could give us some tips and advice?
    Let him move.
    Stay where you are.

donP

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I would presume she lives here

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by jrhartley View Post
    I would presume she lives here
    In that case would she really need advice?

Post Thanks / Like

No point in making assumptions until the OP provides more details. If there's no follow-up, the thread will be closed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

why is he moving here? Sanky-internship? School? Employment? Or Dreams of Life in the Tropical Paradise? In a year or so? Where does he want to move? And what tips would he like to know specifically? You re not coming with him so I m guessing that s the end of the relationship and you guys will be "buds"?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay. Well I live in Jarabacoa. Currently working at an internet cafe. He is a certified Fitness trainer, Tennis Instructor, also knows his way around car parts, plumbing and electrical repair. Additionally he is good at forging metal objects, such as Swords and various ornaments. I wanted to ask if anyone knows places outside of jarabacoa, say santiago, where he could get some employment? We have worked on our own a few things such as locating a house to live in. and we are in the process of aquiring it. But I havnt lived in this country for much and I really dont know my way around. I tried asking around town. specifically at schools and gyms if they would be willing to employ him but apparently nobody is interested. So I ask you if any of you live within santiago, La Vega or Closer if you know of places of possible employment. Asd for why he is moving down here, we met in sometime ago. dated online. met each other a few times(we both travelled to each other's country). He wants to move out of Germany down here. he says he is tired of the place and whants to live somewhere else. he is aware this isnt really paradise and you have to work hard to live here. he is find with it.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dreams are great :)

much clearer description:
    of course that will end the vultures on sankie patrol

since he has metal work experience...
    maybe he should contact some construction sites there or in the surrounding areas
    or do some crafts that he may be able to sell on the beach.
    he could advertise and do specialty jobs across the island...
    i'm sure once he gets started the rest will unfold.

good luck on you endeavers...

Post Thanks / Like

We had the idea, that he would make Metal Novelties, swords, ornaments and the like and sell them online. but as Main job he was looking foward to being either a Personal Fitness Instructor or general Sports and Tennis Teacher here in DR. He has had a pretty long career in germany and was sorta looking to resume it here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast