Sosua has power 24/7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
I've just read the latest article in Sosua news stating that "Sos?a has power 24-hours a day" - Can this be correct? Is the the beginning of the end for having to pay a fortune for 'planta' power (or indeed do without)! Can anybody confirm this article is true or just the usual Edenorte hype. If so I'm sure it will be welcomed by all in Sosua and the surrounding areas as a true step forward.
As we are back for another visit very shortly 24/7 power will be a big help to us.

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, service has been very good.

I live in Sosua, in the condominium El Neptuno. Records are kept on how much use the complex generator gets, so I can tell you that during the past 12 months daily generator use averaged 1.2 hours.

My cleaning woman lives in La Union. There they also get much, much better service than in the past.

If you live in an area where people pay their bills, your are very likely to get good service.

Mar 2, 2008
No offense Reidy, and I hate to disagree with Ken, but the 24/7 thing must be an early April Fool's joke, and a bad one at that.

If anything, and in my opinion, the power is off more now than in the recent past. Sometimes it is off 4 or 5 times a day, often for an hour or more at a whack, and that is in a "good" section of El Batey. Hardly the 24/7 stuff the headline spoke of.

I don't know where there come up with such ridiculous headlines, but anyone who lives here knows it isn't even close to being true, and it will probably never be true.

Perhaps Ken knows the inside scoop, but the power was in and out three times yesterday, by my count.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Thanks Ken, we have an apartment in the Majestic condo building, next to the Palms and when we were there in November it seemed the planta was on 12 hours a day +. Glad to see things have settled down.
Now all you you need is the rain to stop!

Once again, cheers for the info.
Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No offense Reidy, and I hate to disagree with Ken, but the 24/7 thing must be an early April Fool's joke, and a bad one at that.

If anything, and in my opinion, the power is off more now than in the recent past. Sometimes it is off 4 or 5 times a day, often for an hour or more at a whack, and that is in a "good" section of El Batey. Hardly the 24/7 stuff the headline spoke of.

I don't know where there come up with such ridiculous headlines, but anyone who lives here knows it isn't even close to being true, and it will probably never be true.

Perhaps Ken knows the inside scoop, but the power was in and out three times yesterday, by my count.

It depends on where you live, as windeguy indicated in his post. The circuit where I live is getting power on the average of 23 hours a day, as evidenced by the figures I included in my post. There are undoubtedly some days with fewer hours and some days with more, because the figure I posted is taken from the log of average daily hours, per month, by El Neptuno.

I don't know all the reasons why some areas do better than others, but track record in area for payment of bills is one of the factors. Because we are getting good power and some other areas doesn't mean Reidy is going to get good power in Majestic Condo.

PS: Number of times in and out has nothing to do with it. Length of time out is what is being discussed.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
YES there is now power 24/7 except of course when the power is out :)

Bob K

Mar 2, 2008
Ken, I believe what is being discussed is if there is power "24/7", as reported by Sosua News, which of course isn't actually a "news" source, but rather a source of whatever anyone wants reported. It's kind of a call-in "news" service.

However, if it is convenient for you to limit the discussion to the total number of hours that power is out, I suppose that's okay. In any event, I think you would agree it is something less than 24/7, right?

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
Reidy in response to your question while power is not available "24/7", it is however, pretty close...I've been quite pleasantly amazed and surprised by how well the power situation has developed here in Sosua.

The power is on without interruption for days at a time, and when it does go off-line it is normally for not more than a couple of hours. There was a 12 hour (pre-announced) interruption back in January, but nothing like that since then. Actually as I write this I haven't lost power at all for more than a week. So, in short "24/7" cannot be taken literally but all in all the power situation is quite significantly improved, and dare I say the outages aren't even a major nuisence as they were before because they are becoming so infrequent. I'm not even bothering to use my invertor power anymore when there's an outage...

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Sosua power

Many thanks - that's more like the comments I've been getting from EMails etc. If it has improved to the degree that it seems to have then it's beneficial to all. (It will be especially good for us as the planta, when it kicks in, is very noisy)!

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.