Are you cold? You ought to be!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For the first time in a decade the temp in Santo Domingo dropped to 19 C (66 F), which of the tropics is cold!

Here in Santiago it was even lower, in the low 60s and the place looks deserted even at 10 in the morning. Like Easter Week...nobody is out. No lines in the super market or bank or anywhere...so cool (in both senses of the word)..

In San Juan de la Maguana and up in the mountains, it was down into the 50s, and I am not referring to Alto Bandera...but Places that normal folks go to...

This is strange weather for Lent....must be the Ni?o or Cimate Change or maybe
we are getting ready for some really nasty weather down the line...

Anyway, enjoy it while you can...

HB

Reactions: Lucille

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Normally when locals complain about being cold I just laugh as I wipe sweat from my brow.

My toes are cold for the first time in many, many years - Maybe I am going soft like the Dominicans.

This is like an English summer - Yuk!
I didn't sign up for this!!

Aug 21, 2007
Unlike the locals, I don't own a fleece jacket or socks. I have only a couple long sleeve blouses. The chill is deep in my bones. I am considering going out, turning on my car and seeing if the heater works!

Lindsey

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
We're all bundled up at our house wondering when the sun will come out. I swear it gets colder on our side of town at night to do the proximity of the mountains.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
It was a two blanket/two dog night for us. Temp at 4am was 16C (62F). And i thought i would never be cold again. Next time in the states i will bring back a pair of sweats.

Bob K

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Spending 30+ years in Chicago, then close to 30 more in Phoenix, this is absolutely perfect. Everyone I know here in Santiago is wearing 2 sweaters with jackets and I wear a lightweight t-shirt. Perfect for me anyhow...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
16 Degrees

We slept in mummy sleeping bags last night. :bunny:
Would like to light the 'chiminea'... fire wood too damp... :(
Wind still from the N, so the cold weather will stay around.
One should go on holiday in the Caribbean...... :tired:

donP

Reactions: Tamborista

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Spent this weekend in Las Salinas and it was cold and drizzly as well, which is a first for that area as well from what I learned.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
i love it! shoot, go down to 40 for a week or 2 for freak occurrence I d wish.

davethebodyguard

Sep 3, 2009
Yesterday here in Ontario Canada it was 14 but i still had to have a sweater on. You guys have it made in the shade down there.
Dave

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
Yesterday here in Ontario Canada it was 14 but i still had to have a sweater on. You guys have it made in the shade down there.
Dave
Gotta say - this "Ontario Canada" native NEVER thought the word "cold" would cross our lips in this country. BUT there is a HUGE difference to be back in ON with my carpet on the floors, insulated walls and central heat OR be here in a cement house, tile floors - no glass only metal shutters on my windows.
Yup. COLD! BUT I am loving it! After so many months of HOT like it has NEVER been in Ontario a brief spell of cold is wonderful. We are wearing our slippers & sweaters and eating nice hot soup and enjoying every minute :)
And we will again enjoy the heat when it returns. Well - mostly ;)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
3208469909_68dc1ac1c1.jpg

who would have thought it would get this cold

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey, Hartley!!! Nice bit of photo shoping!!! But good humor.

I just got back from downtown Santiago, and it was almost totally deserted> 30 de Marzo, deserted; Las Carreras, almost deserted; Sabana Larga, maybe 15 cars; and 27 Febrero, like Easter Week....IT WAS WONDERFUL...

HB bundled up and watching NASCAR...

HB

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
want to trade?

lol
some up here can only wish we can share your pain ;)

when i was down there were some looking at me strange cause they were wearing light jackets and i was wearin a thin dress shirt....no t-shirt.
i felt totaly warm :)