las Calinas

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
About an hour drive to the west. Nice quiet area with very picturesque, expansive, sand dunes that run into the caribe sea-very nice.

slug

Oct 13, 2005
Las Salinas

I went there last week, very impressive. Does anyone know if there are any ex pats living in the area?, rentals, properties for sale, basically just any info at all.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I went there last week, very impressive. Does anyone know if there are any ex pats living in the area?, rentals, properties for sale, basically just any info at all.
There are a couple of ex-pats down there.

Everything is for sale.

Two issues to consider: 1) no fresh water to speak of. That will be an ongoing struggle for you and 2) it is extremely hot. If you were there recently, consider the weather cool. July-October? :surprised Brutal...

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Yes, I second that extremely hot the wind is even hot, however a nice place to visit.

Have Fun

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Yes "salina" / sal = salt
Las Salinas, given name of this place due the high salt concentration of the sand .:rolleyes:

JJ

slug

Oct 13, 2005
Sounds like a hot place. I would guess that the best way to find a place to live would be just to go there for a couple days, check it out. Is it more quiet, like Bani, or is there some life there?

dominicanpapi

Dec 9, 2003
Salinas is a quiet town. It is more quiet than Bani. In Salinas there really isnt much nightlife. Exepct for a few colmados where you can sit and sip some beers there isnt really much more to do other than sit and chill and wach the day go by. There is a hotel called Hotel Salinas. the're prices are a bit high. hotel salinas just built another building right in front of the existing one. I'm not sure what their prices look like but the main building charges I believe about $3,000 RD pesos per day.

Salinas is hot in the summer months but so is Bani and Santo Domingo. They all basicly have the same temperature. If you want cooler weather than San Jose de Ocoa would be the place to go but there are no beaches there.