Unblock Cell Phones on Conde?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I have to go to Santo Domingo for a couple of days. Is there any place on the Conde where I can get a cell phone unblocked?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

I've seen these ads on the internet, but have wondered about the reliability of these outfits. Have you had personal experience with Super Unlock Codes?

I just checked the website you linked me to. They have the phone listed and the price is certainly right. They give me two options: day unlocking service or night unlocking service. Both cost same and take same length of time. Does it make any difference which I choose?

Again, have you had experience with these people. The price is not enough to worry about, but I don't want to give them my credit card info unless I am told they are reliable.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
No I do not have any experience with them.

Then why post the link?

Perhaps someone can recommend a cell phone tech in the 30 de Marzo area and answer the op's question?

Ken, the guy one door to the right of The Shark Bar can unlock most phones for RD200, or tell you where to go if he is unable to.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Why should I not post the link?

If you have no experience using them, do you feel you are doing anybody a service by posting the link?

Ken is reluctant using his credit card on line, and I do not blame him.

You can get most phones unlocked in person for RD200 these days, without worrying about online identity theft from a random web link.

Please do not take my reponse personally, it is just common sense.

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
Usually you would recommend a site as a satisfied customer and that it works, many of these unlocking sites are a scam. I unlocked my Canadian phone by going on ebay and checking the rating of people offering codes for my exact phone. Charge was around $5 canadian. Worked like a charm!

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
On the Conde, turn left at Pacos and turn left again at the end of the street, before you reach the end of the block there is a cell phone store. They unlocked my phone a few years ago. They are still open. I drove by the store last week.

Feb 7, 2007
First of all, most new complicated phones will not be unlocked for RD$200, more like RD$1000 or more. N-series Nokias, Iphones, new complicated Samsungs, Motorolas, Android phones, etc. All those will cost much much more than RD$200 to unlock.

Back several years ago when I bought Nokia N73 from Orange, nobody wanted to even touch it in Higuey! Not even for 1000 pesos! One technician asked for 1000 pesos but later on changed his mind and refused to touch it. I had to have it unlocked in Europe for around 40 Euros.

Viva dealers will unlock many phones for free when you activate a new SIM card with them (it costs 100 pesos to activate and comes with 100 pesos calling credit, you need a passport). So you basically get free unlock and free SIM. They may refuse to unlock certain complicated phones if they fear they might damage the phone and/or have no experience unlocking that particular model/brand.

GeeDee

Oct 27, 2007
Cell Phone Unlock Code : IMEI Unlock Codes : Blackberry Unlock Code

I have personally used this company to unlock 2 phones. In both cases i purchased the regular service (not express) and the code came within a couple hours in both cases. After you buy the code they send you an email. The following is the exact email they sent me:

Dear customer,

Here is your unlock code :

IMEI: 352110032445680
Code: 7753743772764796

To view the unlock FAQ and know how to enter your code, please follow this link :
How to enter your unlock code

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for responses. I now have places to check.

The website that Dre Broeders suggested says it prefers PayPal, so that eases my mind considerably. They have a huge list of supported phones, including mine.

I've sent an email to website GeeDee suggested to see if they do my phone.

The store curlando suggested will be checked this afternoon in SD and if I still need unlocking, will talk to the guy in store next to Shark Bar when I get back. I have seen his sign when walking past the store, should have checked with him before.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
For Ken, or anybody else that needs to unlock a phone on the North Coast, going into Puerta Plata just across from the large Police station there is a cell phone store. A fat guy owns it and if he can't unlock your phone no one can.

The cell phone companies in Puerta Plata send phones to him to unlock all the time.

Cell Phone Unlock Code : IMEI Unlock Codes : Blackberry Unlock Code

I have personally used this company to unlock 2 phones. In both cases i purchased the regular service (not express) and the code came within a couple hours in both cases. After you buy the code they send you an email. The following is the exact email they sent me:

Dear customer,

Here is your unlock code :

IMEI:
Code: 7753743772764796

To view the unlock FAQ and know how to enter your code, please follow this link :
How to enter your unlock code
Better.
You deleted this message, because they can clone your imei number and call on your cost.

T809

Mar 8, 2010
yeah go to the little claro booth, i had mine unlocked for 200 pesos...was an old phone though. new phones cost more...around 800. by the way the guy had to take it around the corner by bike to get it done. not sure where he went but he brought my phone back unlocked. you can also get it done in megacentro

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
FYI, because payment was made by PayPal, rather than by credit card, and having received no reply from the people recommended by GEEDEE to my inquiry as to whether they could unblock my phone, I took a chance on the people suggested by Dre Broeders

Glad I did. Service was excellent and price was right: US$9.81.

Did 2 phones with them and would use them again.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
I agree with Tambo's post, there are plenty of cell phone centers in the Conde that can help people with their phones and unblocking phones as well. The range anywhere from $200RD and up depending on phone really.
In any case, I recommend the Claro shop on the 30 de Marzo, here is their address:
30 de marzo no. 3, San Carlos
It is on 30 de marzo about 3 or 4 stores from an Isla gas station, cant miss it! :)
The guys that work there are all great friends of mine and great customer service, be sure to look for: Cesar, Guillermo or Cristian.
good luck! :)