Emilia Bencosme = fictional character?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
This character appears as a friend of the sisters in Tropico de Sangre, a new movie about the Mirabal sisters. I can't find any mention of this woman via Google, or in Dede's memoirs. I know there is a family by the name of Bencosme who lost family members to the Trujillo regime. I don't know the details though. Is this character played by Claudette Lali a construct of several different women that were involved in the story in real life? If there was a person with their name what is their story?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
According to that article two men in the family had over 40 children between them, she could have been one of these. I wrote Claudette Lali herself about this but I did not get a responce.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I got a responce back from Ms. Lali; "Como estas? Trabajas para DR1? necesito comunicarme con ellos para dar una entrevista sobre mi personaje Emilia Bencosme. Ellos han dicho que se trataron de comunicar conmigo pero no se como ni cuando. Gracias!!!"

I don't know who is asking her for an interview since I did not represent myself as being from the site, that would be wrong.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I would like to be able to point Ms. Lali in the right direction to contact the correct person.